Third Group: Fate VS Tide

Riptide's POV 

We walked eagerly to the Training Room. Fatespeaker was in front of me and so was Peril and Deathbringer. But I was grinning the whole time we were walking. This was because Deathbringer and Peril kept 'fighting'. And when I mean 'fighting' I mean working on their banter. In the end, Deathbringer was the one grinning and Peril was the one who was scoffing and rolling her eyes. 

We walked into the Training Room and sat down at the table. In the room, the walls were grey and there was a door that led to the actual training room. Mother and Father stood in front of us and handed us each a form. 

"Well, how was the break?" Father asked. "Did you get to know each other?" 

"I'd say it was peculiar," Deathbringer grinned and tilted his head in Peril's direction. She rolled her eyes. 

"Boring!" Peril growled. "Not blazing at all," she said. "But do you know what would be blazing? Setting you on FIRE!" Peril hissed. 

"Ah, so you tested your powers?" Father mused. 

"Ooo! We must make them fight each other," Mother applauded. "That would be so thrilling!" 

"Not now, Scarlet," hissed father. "As you can see children, the first half of the day is about training for our goal-"

"Actually, I am a little confused about our goal," I peeped. Father's blue eyes stared me down. "What exactly is it?" 

"Well, our organization, PH or Peace Holders, is planning to kill off the mayor," Father said truthfully. We gasped. Killing the mayor. "Before you think we are murderers, you must know that Mayor Thorn is-is very...bad." 

"She wants to rule all of Pyrrhia so she can remain in power," Mother cut in. "And we are going to stop it. You four will...eliminate anyone who stands in our way," Mother giggled and clapped her hands. 

"Back to what I was saying," Father growled, "at the end of the day, you will relax and relearn math, science, art, and music." 

"What about reading and writing?" Fatespeaker asked. 

"Who cares!" Mother spat. "You don't need to know how to write and you already know how to read." 

"So, as we can see, it is now 11:00," observed Father. "So, I will help you learn how to control your powers or know how to summon them, and then you will fight each other." 

"So, thrilling!" Mother crackled. 

"So, Peril already knows how to summon her powers," Father stated. "Deathbringer, do you know how to summon yours?" 

"Yup," Deathbringer said. "I might even beat Peril in combat," he said proudly. He's proud of his powers. Too proud. 

"In your sorry little dreams," spat Peril. 

Deathbringer chuckled darkly leaned forward. "Aw, you're so jealous it makes me want to laugh," he said as he grinned. "Oh, wait I already am." 

"Don't mess with Phillips," Peril growled. "I will make sure you rot in my flames and get crushed my giant foot before I ever admit that you are better than me." 

"Keep dreaming, fire lady," Deathbringer sighed as he laid back on his chair. Peril growled covered her face with her hand. 

"Guys!" Father groaned. "We only have one hour before 12:00 where you guys will do math. So, let's focus, please." 

"Who is going first?" I asked. 

"Riptide and Fatespeaker," Father grinned. "Riptide do you know how to use your powers?" 

"No..." I admitted. 

"Here," Father said. "Think about water. Think about how the waves crash down and think about the noise." 

I closed my eyes and thought about the beautiful waterfalls and calming sound of the waves. As I thought, I saw someone in my mind. She was the most beautiful creature that could ever walk the Earth. The mystery woman had blue hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a dark green bikini and she was placing her hand in the air. 

"Riptide," she whispered. "This is what it's like to feel free!" she exclaimed as she splashed me with water. Suddenly, I opened my eyes and found a huge bubble of water above my hands. I smiled proudly and showed Fatespeaker. 

"That's SO cool!" Fatespeaker shouted. "My turn!" she smiled. 

"Fatespeaker, what do you see me doing next?" Father asked. 

"Um, not getting the cup?" she replied. Father shook his head as he reached for the cup the moment she spoke. 

"Try again," he muttered. 

"Filling it up with water?" she asked. 

"Good," he said. Father filled up the cup the moment she spoke. "Now, Fatespeaker, Riptide, go into that other room and fight. Just don't kill each other." 

We walked into the room next to the first one. This one was white and it had a giant window. Fatespeaker stood in front of me and stood in an awkward battle stance. Whereas I was in a serious battle stance. "You ready?" she asked. 

"I'm ready," I replied. Fatespeaker nodded then kicked my stomach. My breath was cut short. Although she was small, her shoes hurt a lot. I summoned some water and dunked it all over her. Fatespeaker gasped as the water splashed on her. We fought for almost thirty minutes but in the end, I won and Fatespeaker was on the floor limp. 

Out of sympathy, I reached down and picked her up. Fatespeaker smiled and said she was alright. "Good job," Father smiled. "Next up is Peril and Deathbringer."