Second Group: Flashback

Clay's POV

"No," I whispered. Moorhen placed her hands on mine sympathetically. Commander Moorhen had brought me to this room so I could show her my powers. Apparently, I am fire-resistant and I'm REALLY strong. But I didn't care that I had powers. What I cared about was Peril. Moorhen just told me that Peril won't remember me and won't for a while. 

This hurt me so badly that I started to cry. Not even bothering that a grown woman would be seeing my tears, I closed my eyes. "I can't believe it," I cried. "I literally can't believe it." 

"Why can't you?" Moorhen asked. 

"Because, when I was in Africa for three years as a teenager, Peril didn't forget me!" I yelled.

"Well, that's the effect on Brainwashing," Moorhen said plainly. I sighed and placed my hands over my face.

"I never got to tell her that I loved her," I whispered.

"Well, I'm sorry..." She sighed, "but I don't care."

"W-wha-"

"You and Glory will be fighting each other for training purposes only," Moorhen said as she pushed me out of the room. "Marsh will take you to the room."

With that, she shoved me out the door and pushed Glory to Marsh. Lowering my eyes, I walked to the room we were training in. I was too sad to talk to Marsh and Glory. I just followed their feet. Glory held my hand and laid her head on my shoulder. I liked this action since it showed that Glory was always going to be there for me. 

Marsh took me to a white room on the other end of the hallway. Glory and I walked in and stood in fighting stances. Marsh went to a different side of the room and took out his clipboard. I frowned and looked him straight in the eye. 

"Why?" I whispered. 

Marsh looked down, avoiding my eyes. "It's just business," Marsh muttered. "Alright, um...when I say go you will 'fight' each other-" 

"Oh, right that's how we will defiantly complete our mission," Glory said, adding her sarcastic touch to it. "By fighting each other." 

"This will help us see how many abilities you have," replied Marsh, rolling his eyes. "And START!" 

Glory sighed but put prepared her fist. I groaned, I REALLY don't want to fight Glory. She was my best friend...no, my sibling! I can't fight her, no matter how many times she hurt my feelings. Suddenly, the beautiful girl shifted into a different form. Peril's form. 

Glory's hair was no longer blonde, it was firey red. Glory's eyes weren't green either, they were blue. Glory even got Peril's perfect facial features. I gasped and tears started to form in my eyes. Now I didn't see Glory...but Peril. 

A memory that I had long forgotten zoomed into my mind. I remembered the first time I met Peril...

Flashback 

There was a loud sound of the locker door closing. I was walking with Glory, Tsunami, and Starflight. We were laughing about something stupid that Squid had done early that day. As we walked, I heard soft muffled tears. The hallway was dim but I still saw a 16-year-old Sunny on the floor, crying. 

We ran to her and huddled around Sunny. She tried to push us away but we didn't budge. "Sunny!" Starflight cried as she hugged her. "What happened?"  

"P-Peril. P-Peril S-Sky demanded that I give h-her m-my l-lunch m-money," sobbed Sunny. Tsunami growled and kicked the locker. 

After Tsunami kicked the locker, she hopped around on one foot. "Are you done kicking a piece of metal?" Glory asked with her hands crossed.