Second Group: Peril, I Know You're Still In There

Clay's POV

"Peril, I know you're still in there," I said, grabbing Peril's delicate hands. She gave me a weird look but her eyes were in awe. We now in the center of Possibility, the town, and people were bustling everywhere. I noticed how Peril tried to avoid as many people as possible. 

"What do you mean? I'm right here," Peril said in a matter-of-factly. 

"What I mean is that I know your memories are still in your brain. But they're just locked up," I sighed. Peril looked down at my hands then her eyes widened. 

"How are your hands not burning?" Peril gaped. "I am fire. If anyone touches me they burn," Peril informed me. "Riptide called me a monster one time when I accidentally burned him," she said looking down with tears in her eyes. 

"I'm fireproof," I said, smiling. "And REALLY strong." Peril nodded but didn't lift her eyes from the ground. "Peril, you aren't a monster-" 

"AGH!" Peril shrieked. She fell to the floor clutching her head as if she was in terrible pain. I looked for Starflight's face. He nodded. 

"Peril, you are the most amazing person that I ever met," I said, kneeling down next to her. I placed my hand on her cheek and moved her face to mine. "You have changed so many times I can hardly count, and I admire you for that. When my friends said that you weren't good enough...I ignored them and went to you anyway," I said firmly. "And I'm glad I did," I whispered. 

Peril looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I remember," she breathed. Peril looked up and a smile formed on her face. Instead of hugging me, she immediately kissed me. Her lips locked in mine. I closed my eyes and kissed her back, but the kisses were different now. They stung a bit. They kind of burned. But I ignored it and kissed her. 

When we pulled away, tears started to shed in both our eyes. But as soon as a tear touched Peril's skin, it turned into steam.

"I love you," I whispered. Peril hugged me. I guess she's to caught up with the moment to know that I said I love you. Which is fine, as long as Peril remembers.