First Group: Complicated

Moon's POV

We're getting closer, Qibli thought anxiously. I turned my head in his direction and placed my hand on his knee, ignoring Winter's sad stare. Qibli smiled at me but weakly. We were in a black van, driving down the hill and into the city. Before we left the citadel we were told that the first group was already planning to take down Darkstalker at his lair. So, it was our job to protect the mayor. 

"We're going to be alright-" 

"Qibli, Moon and I have to tell you something," Winter whispered, cutting me off. We have to tell him now, Winter thought, urging me. 

"No! No, we don't!" I screeched. "We don't," I told Qibli, worry rising in me. Now, Qibi was genuinely curious and worried. Kinkajou gave me a look and so did Winter. If we don't tell him now then Darkstalker might, Winter thought. 

If you don't tell him now the Darkstalker will, Kinkajou thought. I shook my head with tears in my eyes. I removed my hand off Qibli's leg and faced the van wall. "He'll hate me...and break up with me," I whispered. 

"Moon, I'll never break up with you," Qibli whispered back placing his hand on my back. "No matter how bad." I faced him with tears streaking down my face. I'll tell him, Winter thought. 

"No, I'll tell him," I said, my voice quivering. "Qibli...remember that night when we were fighting?" I asked tears were streaming down my face. Qibli nodded. "I was drinking...just so you know...and then Darkstalker walked up to me. He put a pill in my drink, which I did not give him permission to, and then I had to go outside..." I trailed off, looking away. 

"I'll tell this half," Winter whispered. I nodded, I couldn't tell Qibli anymore or else this whole place will be filled with tears. "She went outside with Darkstalker. During that time, I was driving down that street to pick up my food then I saw them. I got out of the car and took Moon away from Darkstalker. 

"Once I placed her in the car..." Winter trailed off and placed his head in his head. "She tripped and we...we...kissed..." I was now sobbing. "I should have pulled away or do something but...I didn't," Winter confessed. 

Qibli was shaking his head and murmuring something. M-moon? Is this true, Qibli thought. 

"Do you think I would be sobbing my eyes out if it wasn't?" I cried. 

There was silence for a bit. Qibli's thoughts were rushing and tears were starting to fall down his face. "Did," he cleared his throat, "did you anything else?" 

"No, no. I promise," I cried. 

"Do you love me?" Qibli whispered. His beautiful dark brown eyes looked at mine through his eyelashes. 

"Yes! With all my heart! That night I was drunk and had a pill, that I did not want, and I tripped," I lamented. Qibli nodded his head and sniffled, he wiped a tear then faced me. 

"I forgive you," he whispered. "I'm not going to break up with you...it was a mistake...a kiss, that's all it was. Nothing else." Qibli repeated. I didn't kiss him, I thought if I did that then he would pull away. 

Just, know that you hurt me but...I forgive you, Qibli thought. I nodded and honestly I felt relieved that I have that burden off me. It was just a drunk kiss. 

B-but...Moon? Don't you love me, Winter thought. I shook my head at him. This time Winter seemed to understand what I was saying. I sighed and hugged Qibli and he hugged me back.