First Group: Who's Darkstalker?

Qibli's POV

We stood in shock, glaring at the snowman. It was all so confusing, way too confusing. We were taken to this mysterious place and we have no idea what happened. All we knew was that Kinkajou, Moon, and Winter had powers. But, did I have any powers? Does Turtle have any powers? What does this all mean?

"Ah, great, you are all awake," said someone. We turned our heads in the direction of the voice. Leaning against a doorway was a woman. She was in her mid-twenties but she looked tall for her age. The woman had chocolate brown hair and dark brown eyes. 

"Who are you," Winter growled, stepping in front of Moonwatcher and Kinkajou. A pang of jealously hit my chest as Winter placed his arms defensively around Moon. 

"My name is Crane," the woman replied. In her hands held a black tablet and she wore a big white coat. It was like she testing guinea pigs. Wait...were we the guinea pigs? My eyes widened at the possibility. 

"What are we doing here Crane? Who are you? And why aren't we at home doing regular summer stuff?" Turtle interrogated. "Can you answer those questions...please?" 

Crane raised her eyebrow then scanned the room. Clearly, she saw the snowman and the venom, not to mention the big ice cube that Winter left graciously on the table. "I'm guessing you figured out your powers?" she said, ignoring Turtle's questions. 

"So, you knew that we had powers?" Kinkajou asked. "And you didn't tell us that we had them? That's just rude." 

"Of course we knew!" Crane scoffed. "We were the ones who put them in you!" 

"Why would you put-" 

Winter was cut off from Moon. "Because Mayor Thorn is in trouble," she muttered to herself. "Isn't she?" Moon growled at Crane. 

Crane groaned and walked into the light. "Yes," she answered. "I guess your mindreading is going well," Crane said as she wrote something down on her tablet. 

"Wait, Mom is in trouble?" I repeated, worried for my adoptive mother. My eyes flooded with fear and determination. "What kind of trouble?" 

"I can't answer that," Crane said blankly. 

I leaned toward Moon and whispered, "Do you see her coat and the way she is always looking at us as if she was testing us?" Moon shook her head when she saw all the things I told her and she nodded. "That's because we are the guinea pigs in this experiment." 

"Try back up guinea pigs," Moon whispered back. "I'm looking through her mind, she's trying her best to block it but I can see that Sunny, Glory, Clay, Tsunami, and Starflight are the really guinea pigs." 

"Really..." I mused. 

"Moonwatcher Styles," Crane peeped. "Have you figured out that you can see the future?" 

"No...and I can?!" Moon exclaimed. 

"Yup. Winter already knows that he has ice powers," she muttered to herself. "Turtle did you know that you have the ability to enchant stuff?" 

"I do?" Turtle replied. 

"Yes, Kinkajou already knows...wait. Kinkajou do you know that you can change your form and eye color based on your emotions?" Crane wondered. Kinkajou stood up excitedly and we all looked at her eyes. They were yellow. 

"Do I have any powers?" I asked, curious but also excited. Moon turned her head away and looked at the floor. 

"Um...no," said Crane. 

"What?" I gasped. Embarrassment and sadness filled my body. How can I be so stupid?! "Why not?" 

"Because another person has your power by accident," Crane replied, not looking up at me. 

"Glory," Moon whispered in my ears. Moon squinted then fell to the floor, I knelt to the floor before her head could hit the ground. Winter dropped to my side too. What was up with him today? Winter's is hovering around Moon way too much. "I-I see a future," Moon breathed. "I don't like it." 

"Hm," Crane said. "Come with me...all of you," she ordered. We got up and followed her out the door. We were greeted with a white hallway. What was with this place with white? We followed Crane to another hallway. 

"This organization stops murders," Crane admitted. "And recently, we found that a man named Darkstalker wants to kill Mayor Thorn so he could rule Pyrrhia. And we all know how much Pyrrhai impacts the world," Crane informed. 

"Wait...did you say Darkstalker?" Winter and Moon asked. I looked at Moon questionably. Instead of addressing my stare, she looked down. I turned my head to Winter and he did the same. 

"Who's Darkstalker?" I wondered, prying for information. What were Moon and Winter hiding? 

"No one!" Moon exclaimed nervously. "Just someone that I met one night," she murmured. 

"How did you meet him?" I asked for Winter. 

"Uh...he's a family enemy," Winter growled, avoiding my eyes. "Let's just focus on Crane," he muttered. 

"Yeah," agreed Moon. They walked ahead of me but I couldn't help but wonder what just happened. 

Winter's POV

I let out a gust of wind. Once Qibli was away from hearing range, I leaned down to Moon's ear. "Are we just going to pretend that night didn't happen?" I growled. 

"Yes," Moon gulped. 

"Moon," I groaned, pulling her closer to me. "We can't just forget what we didn't happen," I reasoned. "I'm still in love with you," I whispered. 

"Don't tell me that," groaned Moon. "I'm in love with Qibli...not you. And I will do anything in my power so Qibli won't know what we did," Moon growled back. 

"Moon-" 

"Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to go to my boyfriend now," Moon snapped. She pulled away from me and walked over to Qibli. I sighed and walked forward.