Next Generation: Iron Man

Many years of battle between the Avengers and the forces of evil has made life much more difficult but as years went by the Avengers would get older and older before choosing to retire this allowed them all to have lives of their own. Thor became king of Asgard after Odin past away having a daughter called Levy, Captain America actually married Black Widow having a daughter call Trisha, Hawkeye actually got a divorce but he lives with his son Ben, Iron man had a son called John who is just as smart and cocky as his father and finally Bruce Banner and Betty have a son called [Fn] Banner and these 5 kids would some day become the new avengers.

At Stark Tower:

Tony is working in his office before seeing something fly past his window and he activates communications. "John if your going to test your new suit please don't destroy the tower again" Tony said as John flies away from the tower taking to the street. "Oh yeah this suit is working perfectly" John tells himself before his sensors pick something up and when he looks up he sees the S.H.E.I.L.D Helicarrier as he sees S.H.E.I.L.D agents land on Stark Tower so he quickly returns.

As John mkes his way back Tony meets the new director of S.H.E.I.L.D Adam Fury, Nick Fury's son. "It's good to meet you Mr Stark" Adam says as he shakes Tony's hand before heading into Tony's office. "So what has earned me the pleasure of S.H.E.I.L.D knocking at my front door" Tony asked as Adam placed some files on his desk which he soon looks at only to be shocked at some of the images enclosed in it

"This is impossible these designs and tech all of it belongs to me but how" Tony said as Adam walks over to the window. "As you can see Hydra has begun developing their own suit just like yours but that's not all they are also performing gamma experiments to make their own hulks if they succeed then no force would be able to stop them that's why I'm here we need heroes, we need the Avengers" Adam says as Tony sighs before rubbing his eyes. "The Avengers are retired I'm sorry and if your trying to have my soon become an Avenger don't he's not ready for that" Tony tells Adam before John bursts through the door and walks over to the desk.

"Dad please let me go stop Hydra with my new suit they would be no match" John said before his father cuts him off. "No Hydra was tough even for me back in the day not to mention the amount of times they nearly defeated the Avengers so my answer is no" Tony told his son as John rush out the door Adam could tell Tony was only look out for his son but Hydra was a threat to everyone as they would soon realise.

On the street:

John walks through the streets of New York with only his fathers words running through his head before a loud explosion was head and soon green suits blasting buildings with octopus like robots following behind them. <Those suit look just like dads> John thought as he watch them attacking everyone which caused him to jump into action. "Jenny suit me up" John said as a female voice comes out of his communicator and soon followed by his suit equipping on to him while still moving before juming in the way of Hydra.

"You should all go to Stark Tower you'll be safe there" John said before using his blasters to fight back against Hydra's forces. "Target located Iron Man elimination in progress" the robot suits say before blasting John with even stronger blasts than he could even manage. "Jenny how do I beat these things" John asked as the AI he created anwers his question.

"My sensor is picking up an energy source located in the chest area a strong E.M.P wave should do the trick however you'll get caught in the effect range too" Jenny told him as he prepares to unleash an E.M.P wave which will also cut power to his arc reactor keeping him alive. "Master John your reactor is in danger of shutting down you must retreat" Jenny informs him only to be refused as he just keeps charging while standing his ground. "The people of this city need a hero no matter what enermy comes my way I shall defeat them because I am Iron Man" John said before releasing a strong E.M.P wave shutting down all the Hydra robots but also killing the power to his arc reactor.

<Dad was right I'm not ready guess I learn that too late> John that as he begins to lose consciousness. After a couple hours he wakes up in the med bay of the S.H.E.I.L.D Helicarrier with his father sitting next to him. "Hey son glad to see you ok I thought we lost you" Tony said as he stroked his son on the head while smiling before Adam enters the room.

"Ah John your awake can I just say you did a good job protecting the city while keeping damage to a minimum" Adam says before I look at my father who was deep in thought and soon looks at me. "Son listen even though your young and lack experience in combat I feel that you should become an Avenger become an even better Iron Man that I know you can be" Tony says as he hugs his son with the being returned because in that moment John had finally started to step out of his fathers shadow and was on his way to becoming an even better Iron Man.

On that day an new set of Avengers was on their way to being formed with John taking up his fathers name becoming the new Iron Man but this was only the beginning of a new era the era of the Avengers Next Generation.