Chapter 8

Delia's P.O.V.

"Delia!"

"Delia's here!"

"Start the party!"

The familiar calls came as I walked through the door and into the mob of people and took off my jacket. I grabbed a Smirnoff Ice from the table and Kylie and I sat down. I always liked to relax a little and get comfortable at a party before I began to go crazy dancing.

Finally, I stood up and dragged Kylie over to the dance area as "Starships" pounded though the speakers.

I began to dance, tuning out everyone watching me and letting myself be free. This was how I cleared my head, how I let everyone see this was who I was.

"Excuse me," a voice said.

I stopped moving and turned to see the tall brown-haired boy looking at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your eyes are blue, like the ocean and baby I'm lost at sea," he said with a cocky smile.

I raised one eyebrow and folded my arms as I said, "Original. Come up with that all by yourself? And my eyes are green."

His smile dropped into a look of pure shock as his face turned red.

"Uh," he said. "Well maybe you should let me buy you a drink to make up for it?"

"This isn't a bar. Drinks are free," I said.

"Who said we had to stay here?" he winked.

"Have fun trying to find a girl who would take on offer from you, the guy who doesn't even know what color green is," I rolled my eyes and turned back to Kylie.

"How do you do that?" she asked.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Talk to people like that," she said. "Not care what they say to or about you."

"You just have to say to yourself that it doesn't matter what they say to you. You have to say that you can take them down just by saying something. It's all confidence."

Little did I know how much confidence was going to be essential later that night. I had no idea what was in store.

"Excuse you," a loud, rude, and bossy voice said behind me.

I turned and looked at the short blonde standing in front of me. I was literally a head taller than her in the heels. Without them, I'd be about 2 inches taller. Thank goodness for 4 inch platform heels.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Yeah," she sneered at me. "Keep your slutty hands off my boyfriend!"

Uh what? "I have no idea what you're talking about," I said. "I can give you the number to a drug counselor though."

"I'm not high," she snapped. "Dane!"

The guy from earlier came up behind her and said, "Yeah she's the one who was all over me."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I said. "Let's get one thing straight. You came up to me, not the other way around. And I remember clearly because you gave me the cheesiest pick up line in history and said my eyes were blue."

She looked back at him and he said, "Babe she's delusional."

And before I could retaliate, the girl took the soda from a passing guy and dumped it on my head.