Chapter 16

Delia's P.O.V.

I came to on a soft, cushiony surface. My first thought was that I was in my bed but when I rolled over, I fell on the floor. Pain seared through my head as it hit the floor. I groaned and sat up. I looked around and realized I was in Harry's house.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty."

I looked and saw Liam standing behind me.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice croaking. "What time is it?"

"11," he answered. "And what happened was you got blackout drunk."

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"I don't know," Liam said. "I got a call to come pick you up and then when I did, you said to bring you to Harry's."

"I don't even remember," I said. "Hey do you have a cigarette?"

"Why?" he asked.

"Headache," I groaned. "And I need-," I couldn't even finish when I felt my stomach jump and I had to run down the hall to the bathroom. I felt the fire in my throat and mouth as I threw up into the toilet.

I finally felt OK enough to stand even though I was still shaky. I leaned against the counter for support and looked in the mirror. I was a mess. My makeup had run, my hair was screwed up and my jeans had a stain on them. I walked into the living room and saw Liam sitting there.

"Delia what happened?" he asked in concern. "What made you get so drunk?"

I hesitated. Do I tell him?

"I mean Zayn said you guys had a fight. Is that why?" he pressed.

I looked at him and nodded. "I was feeling guilty and so I started drinking and I just...didn't stop."

"I heard you had a productive night," Harry smirked coming in the room. "I heard about Oliver."

Oliver? Oh right.

"Oh," I smiled. "He deserved it. He needs lessons on how to kiss and he should know you never try to go farther in the first two minutes."

"What happened?" Liam asked.

"I tied a guy up in a deserted room during a party," I said. "They made us play 7 Minutes in Heaven and I really didn't like him so I tied his hands together and then tied him to the bed. He deserved to be locked up in there."

Liam started laughing with Harry.

"Hey Harry do you-oh. Hi Delia."

I looked over at the door as it opened and saw Zayn standing there, his eyes analyzing me. I drew my shoulders back and tilted my chin up and said, "Hi Zayn. Well I have class at 1 so I better get going. I'll see you guys later."

They all nodded and I grabbed my bag from the table before walking out past Zayn without meeting his eyes again. I hailed a cab and went home to shower before class.

You wouldn't have known it just looking at me, but if you were in my head, you would have known that simply walking by Zayn, his figure taller than my 5'3 frame when I wasn't in heels, his brown eyes watching me even as I ignored him, his voice, low and filled with the pain he was feeling as he simply said hi to me, his everything made me want break down because of this pain. This wasn't even physical pain, this was emotional trauma. I was a mess.

I smoked outside my window when I got home to rid myself of my severe headache and then hopped in the shower. I still felt like hurling but I knew I couldn't miss class simply because of a hangover.