Chapter 12

Delia's P.O.V.

Oh hell no, I thought as the guy finally walked away. I turned around and Claire was hugging Zayn to her like he was a life raft in the middle of the ocean.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked him.

Claire looked up at me in surprise, as did Zayn.

"What?" he asked.

"How many times do I have to tell you I don't need your help? I was handling things fine," I spat at him.

"Obviously. I mean he was cowering in a corner wasn't he?" Harry asked coming up to us and taking Claire from Zayn to hold her close to him.

"It takes a while to break people Harry," I said. "I was handling it fine until Zayn came. I didn't need his help."

I began to walk away before I turned back around and said, "Oh and you're welcome. Claire's fine, I did what I told you I was going to do. But I guess it doesn't matter does it? Because I'm not Zayn and I didn't scare the big bad wolf away right?"

I turned, my hair fanning out behind me and stalked off through the crowd. Why did I want a cigarette right now?

I walked outside and to the corner store across the street to buy a pack. What was I doing? I flashed my ID and then stood outside the club as I lit the cigarette and took a drag. I couldn't believe this.

Every time I did something nice for one of them, it got cancelled out because I didn't do it right or something I mean really?

I finished off my cigarette and ground it underneath my heel before walking back in after a nod to Kyle.

"Delia."

I looked over and saw Claire standing there, holding her bag and standing next to Harry, Danielle and Niall.

"We're taking off," she said.

"Fine," I said. "I'll see you around."

I began to walk off when she called again, "Delia."

I turned and looked at her. She smiled a little as she said, "Thank you. For...everything tonight."

I smiled a little in return and said, "You're welcome," before I turned and walked away. I walked through the crowd finally got to the dance floor. I shut everyone out around me and just let the music fill me up and make me move.

"Delia."

I snapped my eyes open and turned around. Zayn was standing there looking at me.

"Zayn," I replied evenly.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

I nodded and walked out of the club with him behind me.

"Want a smoke?" I asked.

"Uh sure," he said cautiously.

"What you think I'm going to try and get you high or something?" I asked shaking a cigarette out for him.

"No I just thought you were done smoking," he said taking it from me and lighting it up.

"Yeah well everyone has bad nights," I said lighting up one for myself. I needed to stop before I got addicted but really, the feeling made all the weight from my shoulders disappear.

He was silent for a moment and I asked, "So Harry wants me to die now right?"

Zayn looked at me and said, "Why would you ask that?"