Chapter 5

Delia's P.O.V.

I woke up at 8:30 to the sun streaming in through my window. I'd slept for three hours and now it was time to get ready to meet Zayn.

I picked a pair of black studded shorts, a white tank top, and combat boots. I straightened my hair and did my makeup before putting all my stuff in a tote bag and sliding my sunglasses on.

I drove to Starbucks and got there just as the clock on my dash changed to 11. I smiled and walked inside. Zayn was already seated at a table and he smiled and waved as I walked up to the counter to order a drink.

I sat across from him and slid my sunglasses on top of my head.

"Hi," he smiled.

"Hi," I smiled in return. "How's life?"

"Life's pretty good," he said. "You?"

"Eh," I said before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Whoa what happened?" he asked.

"What?" I asked.

"On your eye," he said pointing to his brow bone.

Oh crap.

I pulled out my mirror and looked. I hadn't done a very good job covering it up. I had to come up with something, fast.

"I fell asleep with my book in my bed. Not always the brightest," I laughed.

He laughed too and said, "That's OK."

I sighed a little in relief. He'd bought it. I was not accepting his pity that poor Delia's brother had smacked her a couple times.

We just sat there and talked until the afternoon when his phone rang.

"Oh I better take this," he said. "Hello? Yeah Harry...what, now?...but...yeah OK...but can I bring them?...ok thanks...yeah bye."

He hung up and looked back up at me. "So it's been fun, but Harry just called to remind me that I said I'd hang out with them this afternoon."

"Oh," I said. "Well if you have to go-,"

"Want to come with me?" he interrupted.

I was a little shocked. We'd just met like two days ago. But I really didn't care at this point.

"Sure," I smiled. "Want a ride?"

"Sure," he said. "It's not really within walking distance to Harry's."

We walked out to my car and I started the ignition as he said, "This is a nice car."

"Thanks," I smiled. "It's my brother's. So where am I going?"

He directed me to Harry's and I gasped as I pulled up. Gee Harry, got enough space for everything? This place was huge. I parked in front of it and just stared at it as I got out.

"You look like you're trying to solve a puzzle. Oh and if you have one grab a jacket. His place is like Antarctica," Zayn said.

I grabbed my leather jacket from the backseat as I said, "It's so big. Like really how much space does one guy need?"

Zayn laughed as we began to walk up to the door and said, "It's not just him, it's him and his girlfriend Claire."

I snorted. "How did he land a girlfriend?"

Zayn looked at me like I was crazy. "What?"

"Oh I'm sorry. You know the famous popstar. I know the geeky kid from high school," I said. "My bad."