Chapter 2

Delia's P.O.V.

"Zayn," I called out.

He turned and saw me and I smiled and waved him over. He took his drink and sat down across from me.

"We didn't really meet last night. I'm Delia," I smiled sticking my hand out.

"Hi Delia," he smiled. "I'm Zayn."

He shook my hand and then I said, "So world famous boy band huh?"

He laughed softly and nodded.

"I bet you have girls throwing themselves all over you all the time," I said.

"Pretty much," he said taking a drink of his coffee.

"Must drive your girlfriend crazy," I said taking a sip of my own drink.

He got quiet. Had I hit a nerve?

"Not anymore," he said softly. "Not since we broke up."

"Oh sorry," I said apologetically. He still looked upset. "You miss her don't you?"

He looked up at me.

"I can see it in your eyes," I said. "You loved her. A lot. Am I right?"

He nodded slowly, looking surprised I had read him that well. I had the feeling he liked to curl up in a ball and be left alone for everyone else to guess what was wrong.

"I hate to break it to you but feeling sorry for yourself and missing her like this isn't going to help you," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You're feeling sorry that you two broke it off. You get quiet when I bring her up. You miss her a lot more than you want people to think. But feeling sorry for yourself and missing her like this isn't going to help you heal. You just need to let loose. Forget the world and get lost. Music always does it for me. Might be different for you, I don't know. But seriously, you need to move on. Stop dwelling on what's happened. It's all in the past now."

He looked at me in surprise. He opened his mouth to say something and then my phone rang. I checked Caller ID and saw it was Connor.

"Sorry," I apologized. "Gotta get this. Hello?"

"Where are you?" he asked angrily.

"Well good morning to you too sunshine," I said.

"Where are you?" he said again. "Where's my car?"

"Would you relax? I'm not in Scotland gee I'm just at Starbucks. You want something?"

"Just hurry back I have to go out."

"Out where? With Sarai? Or Phoebe? No wait Taylor."

"Delia I'm serious get your butt back here or-,"

"Or what? You're going to ground me? You aren't mum or dad Connor," I spat. "They're gone."

"I'm fully aware," he said. "Hurry back."

He hung up and I mumbled, "Yes your majesty."

I slid my phone in my pocket and said, "I have to go. My brother's being an ass."

"Oh sure," Zayn said. "I'll uh...see you around?"

I looked at him as I stood up. "Maybe," I said with a half-smile that was sure to leave him wondering as I walked out into the morning sun.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I wanted to see her again. I liked her. But Harry. Harry had said it was best not to get involved with her, that she was bad news. But I couldn't just ignore this attraction could I? I mean this, this was just too strong. This attraction was rivaling that of Harry and Claire's.

Claire.

Claire had gone years without telling her best friend a huge secret, I could go a few weeks right? I decided to talk to Claire. She'd know what to do.

"Hello?" she answered her phone.

"Claire. Are you busy?"

"No," she answered. "Why?"

"Can you meet me? I'm at the Starbucks down the street," I said.

"Sure. Be there in 10," she said.

"OK," I smiled even though she couldn't see me.

"Bye," she said before hanging up.

I could barely contain myself as she sat across from me 10 minutes later. I needed to spill my guts right now.

"You look like something's wrong," she said in concern as she sat down. "What's wrong?"

"I have so much to tell you," I smiled before telling her everything.

"So you're telling me Harry hates this girl and told you not to get involved with her, but you want to date her...and you decided to come to me for this?" she asked. "Zayn please think about who you called."

Oh.

"Right," I sighed.

"Zayn if Harry is telling you she's bad news, I'd have to say she's bad news," Claire said.

"I don't think so though Claire. When I talk to her, she seems like a nice person, even if she's a little out there."

"What is it about her that attracts you to her?"

"I like her confidence," I replied. "She's comfortable with herself but she's not arrogant. She's really funny and witty. She can read me like a book."

"Pretty?" she asked.

"Gorgeous," I sighed, thinking of the way her red hair fell over her shoulders in perfect curls and her green eyes shone with confidence and slyness as she spoke, reading and analyzing my every move.

"Zayn I really don't know what to tell you," she sighed. "I mean maybe just see her a couple times without any commitment and see if you still like her and then talk to Harry."

"That sounds like a good idea," I said. "But I don't know where to find her."

"Didn't Harry say she goes to like every party? Start there."

I nodded and smiled. I was going to see Delia again.

Of that I was sure.