Chapter 18

Delia's P.O.V.

"Yeah we'll be there in a little bit. Yeah. Yeah OK bye," Zayn hung up the phone. "They're going to have takeout once we get there," he told me.

"Didn't we just eat?" I asked.

"Yeah but they haven't," he said.

I looked at the time and saw it was only 6:30 and we'd been driving for about an hour.

"We eat early at my house," Zayn saw my confusion.

"Apparently," I said as he stopped at a stoplight. "You want to tell them tonight?"

"I don't think I can wait another day," he smiled.

I smiled in return and we drove to Harry's.

"OK she's officially the best person on the planet," Liam said as we walked in. "Do know how many times I went to his house to get him to leave it and she just goes and comes back with him."

I laughed as Zayn and I sat on the couch and everyone began to eat.

"Help yourselves," Harry said gesturing to the display of food.

"We just ate," I said. "Zayn's mum is like the best cook ever."

"I know right? Niall doesn't even talk when we go there it's just shoving as much food into his mouth as possible," Louis teased the Irish lad.

"Not true!" Niall mumbled through a mouthful of food.

"It kind of is," Danielle said.

I laughed and Zayn caught my eye and raised his eyebrows asking, "Now?"

I nodded and he took my hand discreetly as Harry asked, "What's going on with you two?"

"Well," Zayn began. "We did want to tell you guys something."

They all looked up at us. "What?" Claire asked.

"Delia and I are going out," Zayn blurted it out. I saw all of their faces go to one of shock before Eleanor asked, "Just today? 'Cause you had that big fight."

"It started after the scary movie fiasco," I said watching them all flinch as they were reminded of the day we met and I totally destroyed them with my words. "We've been going behind everybody's back this whole time and we had a huge fight and broke up. And that's why I went back, I had to fix things."

"Wait you were secretly dating for like 2 weeks?" Louis asked.

Zayn nodded. "I didn't want to tell anyone at first because it was right after all of us had gotten into an argument about her and I thought you'd really hate me."

I looked around at them and I was wondering if they were going to be mad or upset at all. Claire had a huge smile on her face as she said, "I'm so happy for you guys. You complete each other."

The girls nodded and the boys looked at each other in confusion.

"What?" Harry asked Claire.

"Well think about it," Claire began. "Zayn needs someone who help him get his mind off things. He needs someone who can have people write horrible things about them and not get fazed by it. The last thing he needs is someone like me who freaks out when she sees it. Delia needs someone there for her. She needs someone who can let her be herself and love her for it."

I wanted to cut in and say I didn't need anyone, this is just what was right for me because she was making me seem weak, but I bit my tongue.

"Well I don't know if you complete each other but yeah you guys'll be great together," Liam smiled.