Chapter 22

Zayn's P.O.V.

I was actually a little nervous as I drove to Delia's house. I was nervous she was going to be mad I found out about everything, nervous she'd hate the idea of a song being inspired after her, and I was nervous about asking her to come live with me in my flat in London.

Yes it was a big step, but I couldn't stay in Holmes Chapel forever, especially being in One Direction and all, and I wasn't sure how long I could stay in London when she was here. I knew she had Uni, but how hard could it be to transfer to the one in London? The campus in London was better as well, larger and it seemed more of Delia's kind of place.

I heard what sounded like a struggle happening inside as I approached the house. I stopped outside to listen, wondering what was happening. But when I heard a muffled scream, I threw the unlocked door open and went inside.

The first thing I saw was Connor's figure crouched over something angrily as he pinned it down with his knee and dug his nail into it. But then I realized that thing was Delia and she had multiple cuts and bruises on her face and her head was bleed pretty bad from her temple.

I launched myself at him and punched him in the gut. He let out a huff of air with the impact. His slammed into the wall and grimaced, but didn't move again.

"Delia," I said rushing over to sit her up and hold her to me. Oh crap. I just realized she was probably going to get on me for helping her. But she had looked like she was in serious trouble with no way out of it. I pulled the white handkerchief out of her mouth and said, "I'm sorry. You probably didn't want me to help you."

"N-no," she choked out, her voice cracking and rasping "Th-thank y-you. Th-thank you Z-Zayn."

She smiled faintly before she blacked out and her eyes closed.

"Fuck," I said fishing my phone from my pocket and dialing 999. I looked at Connor and said, "You sick bastard I swear if you killed her- yeah hi I need an ambulance."

I gave the address and they said they'd be there shortly.

"How could you do this to your own sister?" I asked. I was looking down at her, so quiet and still. It was strange to see her like this when I was so used to seeing her as a fierce girl who was constantly in motion or shooting witty remarks at everyone. She could be dead. He could have killed her.

"She's a slut that's why."

I looked up at the brown haired boy in the corner and said, "Why would you say that?"

"Has she told you how many guys she's hooked up with? You're one of many my friend. Run while you still can. She's even trying to hook up with her English professor," he said.

"She is not," I said. "He's trying to hook up with her."

"Did she tell you that?"

I nodded.

"She's a liar. She's lied about everything her whole life."

I opened my mouth to respond when the paramedics came to the open door.

I helped them get Delia onto the stretcher and begged them to let me go with her but they wouldn't let me. So I settled for giving Connor a dirty look and following them in my car.

I called Claire to let everyone know what was going on.

"Hey Zayn," she answered. "What's up?"

"I need you guys to meet me at the hospital," I said. "Delia's unconscious."

"Oh my God," she gasped. I heard her tell everyone and they all began moving around, presumably to their cars. "What happened?"

"Well I got there and I heard a struggle and then I heard her scream but it's all muffled. So I ran in and he was pinning her down and like stabbing her with his fingernail and it was bleeding and she was bleeding from her head. I punched him just so he'd get off of her then she passed out so I called the ambulance."