Chapter 13

1 Week Later

Delia's P.O.V.

I finished another set of crunches and flopped onto my floor, my breathing heavy and sweat pouring down my face. I rolled over onto my stomach, wincing as I did so. Connor had continued to beat me like a punching bag and he always hit the same spot on my rib cage.

I had to shower before getting ready for my date with Zayn. We were still hiding from the rest of them, and the world really, and I couldn't say I was disappointed. Going public was the first step going deeper in a relationship, and that meant deeper feelings. And for me, deeper feelings meant deeper ditch to fall into and never get out of. I couldn't let myself disappoint mum as much as I had already.

I jumped in the hot shower and had to bite my lip from screaming out as the hot water seared the multiple wounds from the kicks and punches of Connor. I was like a rag doll he didn't care about anymore. I really wished I could find a job somewhere to get make money to get out of here, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.

I wrapped my hair in a towel and went to my closet to look for something to wear. I chose a cream colored dress with spaghetti straps and picked a pair of black flats with studded bows. I straightened my hair and pulled it back into a ponytail before putting on long black feathered earrings, a black bracelet, and a black necklace. I threw all my essentials into a black tote bag and called it an outfit.

I had put cover up on my arms so the bruises inflicted by Connor wouldn't give me away to Zayn. The last thing I needed was his pity because poor, poor Delia had an abusive brother. No. I had cried once, and I was not letting him act that way towards me.

"Bye," I called as I ran downstairs and Zayn honked his horn.

"When will you be back?" Connor asked.

"When the date's over," I answered.

"Obviously. What time will that be?"

"What am I a psychic now?" I asked, one hand on the doorknob, ready to bolt. "I don't know Connor. And you aren't dad or mum, you don't have to put a tracking device in my phone. I'm 19, I'm in Uni, I'm leaving. Good-bye."

I shut the door behind me as I walked to Zayn's car.

"Hi," I smiled as I got in.

"Hi," he smiled in return putting his car into gear and driving down the street. "You look beautiful. As always."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Hope I dressed appropriately."

"You did," he assured me.

"Good," I sighed in relief.

He laughed and said, "You aren't going to ask me where we're going are you?"

"Did you want me to?" I asked.

"No," he answered. "I love that you don't ask. You let the surprise be a surprise."

"Girls don't do that anymore?" I asked.

"Not really," he said. "None of them really let the boys surprise them. They bug them until the boys either give them a hint, or tell them what's happening. Claire's the only one who can be surprised a lot. When Harry has a surprise for her, it's a surprise or it's nothing."

"Gee," I said. "What fun is a surprise if you know what it is beforehand?"

"That's what I'm saying," he said. "OK cover your eyes."

I obeyed, covering my eyes with my hands until I felt the car stop.

"OK keep them closed but take my hand," he said. I fumbled around for his hand and kept my eyes shut as he lead me.