Chapter 6

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Hey boys help me in the kitchen?"

I stood up with the rest of the boys and we walked to the kitchen, leaving the girls to sit. I really hoped they'd warm up to her while we were gone.

Would you listen to yourself? I scolded myself. You aren't even dating her and look how you're thinking.

"Are you crazy?" Harry hissed just as we entered the kitchen. "What were you thinking bringing her here?"

"Hold on now you're the one who said I could bring someone," I pointed out.

"Yeah when I thought it was a random girl you met!" he said. "Not Delia!"

"Are you telling me you're punishing her still for what happened years ago?" I asked.

"No," he said. "It's not just that."

"Then what is it?" I demanded.

"Zayn have you talked to her?" he asked.

"I have actually," I said.

"Then why don't you see it?" he asked. "Zayn she's a whacko. The things that come out of her mouth. Did you not hear how rude she was when she showed up here?"

"He has a point mate," Niall said. "I hate to say it but he does."

"Do you know Claire told me her stutter came back because this girl dresses like Janelle?" Harry said. "She can't be good if she's reminding Claire of Janelle."

"She's not acting like Janelle. She's not saying god awful things to her," I defended the ginger. "She's just-,"

"A catty head cheerleader?" Louis finished. "She sounds like it."

"Would you listen to yourselves?" I asked. "You're totally judging her on like 2 minutes of conversation! And you complain about people who judge you without even knowing you?"

"Not true," Harry said. "I'm judging her on years of her. I know her. She's not a good person to be around Zayn. She sleeps around. I'm telling you. Every weekend, there were like 2 more guys talking about what she did with them at a party."

"Who said they were telling the truth?" I asked.

"Zayn stop," Liam said. "If Harry's saying she can't be a good person to be around, she probably isn't. I say let today be the last time you see her. I really don't think this can work out."

I knew a lost cause when I saw one so I nodded and we walked back to the living room just as I heard Delia said, "But I guess when the cheer team sets their mind to something, they won't listen to facts over guesses."

"What's going on?" Liam asked looking from the girls back to Delia as I looked at her, arms folded as she looked at them.

"Oh nothing," Delia answered. "Unless you count gossiping when I'm out of the room nothing. Sorry Zayn, I would have liked to hang out with you, but I know where I'm not wanted. I guess I'll leave and let you guys talk about me and pick apart every piece of me. It's fine. Just go ahead thinking you have me all figured out even though you're nowhere close. I'll go."

She grabbed her bag and began to walk to the door as Harry said, "It's not gossip if it's true."

She turned and looked at him and he was looking right back at her.

"Funny how I'm the rude one in this sense," she said looking back at the girls. "Because last time I checked, you welcomed a guest. Not cast them out."

And with that she shut the door.

I ran to it and swung it open as I yelled, "Delia!"

She turned and looked at me as she opened her door.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I can't believe them. They're usually so much nicer. I'll talk to them."

"Don't bother," she said. "They never want to see me again and I can't say I blame them. You should go back inside. They're probably thinking I killed you by now. I'll see you around."

She got in my car and drove off, and I watched her driving down the street until she turned and I couldn't see her anymore.

I walked back inside fuming.

"What is your problem?!" I yelled slamming the door behind me as I walked angrily towards Harry. "Would you look at this mess now? Why can't you just let me make my own decisions? Did you ever think to listen to her? Did you ever think there might be more to her than the girl they talked about at school?"

"OK wait a minute," Claire said calmly standing up. "Zayn calm down. OK? Just chill out. Just listen to what Harry-,"

"I've listened to Harry," I interrupted. "Basically what he and the rest of them are saying is that I'm not allowed to see her because she's a horrible, horrible person."

"Zayn think about it. She wasn't exactly...well she wasn't playing the part of the guest," Danielle said.

"You didn't exactly play the part of hosts either," I said. "I mean come on you just looked at her like she was a bug on your food the whole time."

"Zayn maybe you just need to take Harry's word for it," Claire said.

"I'm not expecting you to agree with anyone but Harry at this point," I said. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to hurt any of you guys but really, if you just talk to her you'll see what I see."

"OK what do you see?" Liam asked as Harry shot him a look.

"I see a really bold, strong girl," I said. "I see someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind. She's a girl who has confidence in herself without having arrogance. And I see a quick-minded witty girl who doesn't wait for her knight in shining armor, she just fights the dragon herself." 

They were silent.

"That is definitely not what I saw in all the years I've known her," Harry said.

I didn't say a word, just stood up and grabbed my jacket and walked out. I got a cab to my hotel, ignoring my buzzing phone in my pocket. I couldn't believe this.

All of them, the boys, Claire, Danielle, Dani, El, they were all so sweet, so nice and welcoming usually. What was is about Delia that made them cold toward her?

I pulled out my phone and ignored all the texts and calls I missed from them, instead opening a new text message.

From: Me

Tomorrow. Lunch? 1? I'll pick you up. (:

From: Delia

What about the disapproving posse?

From: Me

They won't be there silly

From: Delia

Well I figured. I meant what are they going to think?

From: Me

Who says they have to know? It could be our little secret. What do you think?

From: Delia

I think I like your way of thinking and I'll be ready at 1.

From: Me

Great :)

I smiled and just sat there on my laptop all night. I could talk to her and the rest of them wouldn't even know about us. No this was my decision. They couldn't tell me who to date and who to see. And they couldn't do anything about the fact that I was sure I liked Delia a lot more than just a friend.