Chapter 3

Delia's P.O.V.

I walked out of the Starbucks, my mind filled with everything Zayn had said to me. He had really loved his ex-girlfriend. I saw it when I brought her up and his eyes filled with sadness, and pain. What had happened with them? I couldn't help but wonder. You didn't just break up with someone when they loved you that much.

"Hey," I called as I walked through the door and threw Connor's keys on the table.

"Where'd you go with my car without asking?" he asked angrily coming in from the kitchen.

"Would you relax? I went to Starbucks since you didn't bother to buy more coffee," I rolled my eyes. "And don't talk to me like that. I'm an adult I don't need your permission."

"You do to use my car," he narrowed his eyes.

"Your car?" I asked. "Who pays for gas? Who found it? Oh yeah. I did. It's more my car than yours."

"Forget about the car how about you start acting mature?" he said.

"Oh OK I'll treat the one who whines that I drove the car to Starbucks and tells me to grow up maturely," I spat.

I heard a clap and my cheek seared as my head snapped to the right. I put a hand to my cheek and looked up at Connor. His mouth was open in shock as I looked him in the eye and said, "Real tough," before turning and walking upstairs.

"Del," he called, but I ignored him.

I shut my door behind me and looked in my mirror. My pale face now had a pink handprint on the cheek. I didn't cry as I covered it with makeup. I don't cry. I hadn't cried since shortly after mum's death.

Connor had never been physical with me before, but I guess it was just in his genes. My dad used to smack my mom around a little before he just up and left. But I still couldn't believe he'd hit me.

I went downstairs and grabbed the landline.

"I'm getting dinner," I called.

"What are you getting?" he asked softly.

"Pizza," I answered shortly. "What do you want?"

"Medium pepperoni," he answered.

I nodded and called to place the order, Connor watching me the whole time.

"Delia," he began as I hung up the phone. "About earlier."

"It's fine," I interrupted him. "Forget about it. I don't care. I'm over it."

"Delia," he said again. "I'm sor-."

"I don't want to hear it!" I said fiercely. "I don't care. Just leave me alone. Can you do that?"

I walked up to my room and shut the door behind me as I began to plan my outfit for the party tonight. I had been thrifting for years, looking for like-new party dresses, skirts and tops that I could pass off as brand-new. I couldn't afford to go shopping at major brand names and I couldn't keep wearing the same outfits.

The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to get my vegetarian pizza. I'm not actually a vegetarian, but the meat pizzas have way more grease on them and I work out enough trying to burn off a veggie pizza.

I took my small pizza and Connor's medium and sat them on the table as he paid. I quickly threw a few slices on a plate and ate quickly. If I hurried, I could get Connor to sleep before 8 and take some money to go get a new outfit.

"I'm putting on America's Next Top Model," I said flipping the TV on.

"Not again," he groaned coming to sit next to me.