The Unknown Visitor

(Turn on the media for an immersive reading experience.)

Rea sat in her bedroom typing on her laptop. It was almost midnight and she had about ten minutes to make it before the deadline. Rea wasn't a fast typist. When she did type fast, she tended to make a lot of mistakes. But at that moment, she was more concerned about the deadline than the quality of work. Professor Kim Seokjin was a stickler for deadlines and she wasn't looking forward to a C on her pristine Grade History.

When she finally finished her assignment, she just had enough time to look over her work and click the submit button before the clock struck 12. Rea was relieved that she had managed to submit it before the deadline. She sank back into her bed heaving a sigh as she flexed her cramped fingers. She was looking forward to a good night's sleep after successfully achieving her mission when there was a knock on the door.

She got up confused.
 Why would someone come to her house when it was already midnight? If it was Namjoon, he would have called. Still, Namjoon wouldn't come to her home this late. She waited to see if it was real. Maybe she had imagined it. But no, there was another knock and it seemed far more urgent than the previous. Rea's senses tingled.

It didn't feel right.
 Whoever was knocking at the door wasn't there for a friendly night. She put her hands beneath the bed and internally sighed in relief when she felt the smooth surface of her trusty baseball bat. She ran her fingers along the length of it until she found the handle and her fingers curled around it tightly. The severity of the knocks was increasing and it got louder and louder. But no sound other than that issued from the front door. She held up her bat and slowly made her way into the living room, swallowing nervously. She had her phone on the other hand ready to call 911 if it came to that. Slowly, she edged along the walls. The lights were on.

How come? She had definitely turned them off before she went to her bedroom. Rea gripped the baseball bat tightly. Her heart was pounding inside her chest and the fear was chilling her bones. Adrenaline kept her senses on high alert and she scanned the living room. Nothing.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

The intruder was now pounding on her doors. Urgently as if they were about to die. The walls shook from its impact and it heightened her nerves. She walked forward to the door, careful not to make a sound, and looked through the peephole.

There was no one. It was empty. 

Bang!

Rea jumped as the pounding resumed. What in the world-

"WHO'S THERE?" She yelled above the ruckus. The pounding ceased.

Silence.

The loud thumps of her heart might be perhaps the only sound that filled the silence. Rea looked through the peephole again. Nothing. There was no one. What the hell?!

BzzZZT!

Rea jumped back from the door, turning to the source of the noise. Her eyes widened as she saw that the TV turned on on its own.

[...rrrrerrrk... Onto the next headline, Aaron Miller, a business major college student, was found dead in his dorm room this evening. The student was choked to his death. Reports say that there was no sign of struggle or break in to point out towards the criminal. The crime scene was so perfect in fact, Forensic experts have even gone as far as to speculate that the victim choked himself to death which is theoretically impossible. Today, we have forensic expert Lee Washer with us to provide a detailed explanation- ]

Rea's fingers trembled as she looked around for the remote control. Where was it?

Her heart pounded so loud she couldn't see nor hear. The fear was taking control. In her confused state of mind, she didn't notice that it was sitting on top of the table, right where she had initially left it. When she finally found it, she hesitated to pick it up. Rea didn't know why but as her fingers inched towards the remote, her anxiety levels were reaching their peak. What if something jumps out?

She closed her eyes and willed herself to pick it up.

Pick it up. Just do it!

She mentally encouraged herself. She had almost touched the remote control when there was another voice.

[...hem! Hem! Rea. You are Rea, right? ]

Rea looked up to the Television in disbelief. The news channel had changed into a different one and there was a pale young pink-haired man staring back at her from the tv his eyes trained solely on her. She gasped. What the hell?!

Was he talking to her? From the TV? But how? Was she imagining things?

[...You. Yes, you. The one with the horrible red highlights...]

He was definitely talking to her! Rea could tell by the way he was eyeing the crimson red highlights on her jet black hair. She shivered. 

"Wh- what? How- "

The man on the TV sighed. When he finally made sure that she was listening, he continued, his eyes staring right back at her.

[...You are in danger. Be careful....]

The TV turned off and all hell broke loose.

A/n: Kim Seokjin is a lecturer in this AU

A/n: Kim Seokjin is a lecturer in this AU. Ayyy...

Come be my teacher~