Chapter 20

A/N: Only 2300+ words, not that long but I just wanted to update so enjoy!

Song recommendation:

'Afraid' by Day6. (This will be used as my main inspiration for the later chapters of this book so it would be awesome if you try checking out its lyrics!) If 'Sun and Moon' by Sam Kim was the part 1 OST, then 'Afraid' by Day6 is the part 2 OST HAHAHAHAH lol! 

-

"You're joking, right?" 

Jennie sighed, but her face still looked determined. "Just wait and see, but if you don't want things to get rough, then just give me a chance." 

Her persistence... is starting to make me really concerned. 

"Jennie-ah, please don't do this." 

She lifted a hand, shaking her head. "I get it. Just don't regret it later, Moon."

I rounded my mouth, figuring out what to say next when she suddenly turned around and stormed off without another word. 

What the heck...? 

She was gone in no time, but the lingering shock wouldn't wash away. I ended up closing the door in total confusion, unable to accept what just happened. 

Did she really mean what she said?

She didn't sound like the Jennie Kim I grew up with, and it's really killing me. 

The fact she was outside my house just waiting for Jin to leave in order to see me, was starting to mess with my brain. 

It just didn't felt right anymore. 

Huh. 

I placed my hand over my neck, rubbing it as I walked back to the dining room- only realize how much of a wreck my condition was. I lifted both of my hands, sniffing myself.

"EUW!" I shrieked and ran upstairs. "I NEED A- A SHOWER!" 

-

It must have been a while for me to clean up and everything, because when I came down with a fresh pair of clothes and half-dried hair, Jin was already finished cleaning the kitchen. He had the vitamins drinks laid instead, and even some extra supplements. 

I threw my towel over my neck, eyeing the things he brought. 

"What-" 

Jin looked up. "YAH!" 

I fell silent, taken aback by his high pitched shriek. 

He placed both hands over his hips, squinting his eyes back at me like he was upset about something. 

"W-wae?" I stammered. 

"Why didn't you lock the front door when I went out? When I came back you were already upstairs! Your gates outside aren't locked too! Dude, do you know how dangerous it is these days?" He blurted. "I mean, how can you not even lock the door? That's it, I seriously recommend a grill outside that door!" 

"Yah, yah, calm down!" I waved a hand at him, sitting down. "I- I just forgot..." 

"You... FOR, GOT?" 

Well, technically, I did. I guess Jennie's sudden appearance was too shocking for me to take. Dang it, stupid! 

"Er." I mumbled. 

Jin lets out this deep sigh of frustration. "I'm pretty sure that wasn't a first, right?" 

"Why do you care? Ugh." I blurted, rolling my eyes and drying my hair again.