Chapter 10

A/N: Fast update? Surprised? I know right, me too. BTW, I'm adding a new section on top every chapter from now on which is 'Song Recommendation' section. Overboard? I freaking know. Sorry, but it's a thing I really want to do, but if you don't like it then just proceed to the story. The reason why I'm doing it is because I have a thing for music, but I don't have any platform to recommend songs and people around me basically don't have the same taste, so bear with me peeps as I rant about music. I'll make it as short as possible, but like I said- just skip if you don't like it. Thanks.

  —————————-

Song Recommendation
Title: Should Not Love You
Artist: Dindin
Info: Underrated song, from an under appreciated artist who can both sing and rap but commonly known to ace every entertainment program he's on. The song is just like the title; someone who thinks they should not love another person because they're just not enough for them.
Music appreciation: Beautiful acoustic guitar rhythm, simple but catchy melody, cute concept despite the sad message.

—————————

Everything felt so warm that I could hardly open my eyes when I woke up.

And when I did opened my eyes, my whole body froze.

My brain was still not processing how bright the room already was, until I spotted Byul sitting straight up in her bed. I stared at her, still leaning my head on the armrest of the sofa.

The appearance of her earphones clearly told me that she was in her own world of music, as she stared towards the opposite side of where I was. I couldn't see her face, but I still found myself staring at her without being able to look away. That short hair of hers was already so familiar from every direction, I didn't even had to second guess.

I instantly recalled the first day I met her.

That loud slap on the back of her head.

Dang it. It must have really hurt. Damn, how was I so brazen and thoughtless?

All of a sudden, last night's incident came flooding in my memory. I widened my eyes, totally awake as I pictured us hugging each other in the dark room. I was even making sniffing sounds- oh geez, I even bawled!

Tell me, is this the sensation of the morning sun or is it just my cheeks burning up?

Okay, you know what? Don't tell me. I must have been out of my mind to actually go through last night's incident. Ommo, OMMMOOOO. How does she think of you now, Kim Seok Jin? A big baby bawling in the middle of the night, when she's the one hospitalized?

The amount of embarrassment I was feeling was so outrageous, I even thought of pretending to sleep the whole day.

And just then, the door flew open.

I raised my brows, immediately sitting up in confusion as the familiar nurse in charge entered with her thin smile. She glanced at me and walked towards Byul, who also just noticed that I was already up.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" The nurse asked Byul as she took off her earphones.

"Ah, I'm doing fine. I can pee just fine, and I don't feel that exhausted anymore." She answered calmly, focusing on the nurse.

I stood up, headed straight towards the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, leaving them to converse. I still can't fully get over what happened last night, but just pretend to be cool about it, Jin. Yeah, you're cool. Be cool!