Chapter 9

A/N: 

Yup, I know. I updated really late compared to usual this time, but thanks for your patience! Please do support my on going action/mystery genre fanfic CLASSIFIED too, but of course, only if you are into that genre. I'm quite surprised by the reads and votes I received for Stay Gold in just 8 chapters, and it made me arrive to one single conclusion;

yall are super dramatic.

and im just the same.

SKSKSKS leave me comments so I know what you're thinking!

and YO THIS IS SUCH A LATE TIME TO UPDATE IM SO SO SORRY BUT I HAVE NO OTHER TIME!!!

EDIT: Due to the lack of research, I have inserted a medically impossible procedure in this chapter and I cannot change the whole story due to the misinformation. Hemodialysis patients require a few weeks to create AV fistula, which allows the blood to transfer better from the body to the machine and back again. I truly apologize even though this is story is fictional, as this can be misleading in real life. To suit it with the story line, Byul will be using the emergency dialysis method, where a plastic tube (catheter) is inserted in a large vein of her neck as a replacement for an AV fistula/graft as she requires immediate dialysis to remove the poison as fast as possible. If this still doesn't sound right or misleading, do let me know and I will correct it. Thank you so much, and do continue reading.

-

Operation #5: Byul's Caretaker

I let my hand fall down to move the phone away from my face, nodding aggressively as I tried to recall what I just read.

Ethylene glycol poisoning... Antifreeze... Hemodialysis... Dialysis diet... Can't take in too much liquid and salt and? Er? What was it again?

"Geez." I scratched my head as I frowned, glancing repeatedly towards her door to see if the nurses were done with her. I checked my phone's clock, feeling uneasy as it has been more than three hours since they asked me to get out. I went out to eat breakfast for an hour and when I came back, they were still in the room. The nurse in charge told me they were going to get her blood sample and examine all the necessary stuff, and if Byul was doing fine they would start the hemodialysis process straight away.

The mention of her name somehow got my heart all jumpy.

Byul. Dang, still can't get over the fact I decided to call her Byul.

Last night's image of her replayed in my mind, causing me to space out as I thought of it harder. How can someone be so calm, when she's actually so sick? I mean, I thought she was strong enough to carry me into her house, but staying so strong after being poisoned is just crazy.

How much strength does this woman have anyway?

"Ehem, Kim Seok Jin-ssi? You're Moon Byul Yi's caretaker, I believe?"

I looked up immediately, shocked to see the nurse in charge looking at me strangely. I got on my two feet, chuckling awkwardly. "Ne, I am."

"Well, good news. Miss Byul Yi is doing great on the dialysis, and everything's going smooth. However, she still needs to monitor her food intake. No vegetables juices, soda, canned food, erm, avoid bananas at all costs, all the processed meats, and then the..." She explained with a very fast pace, but soon she spotted the obvious confusion on my face.

I've probably read this tons of times already, but I'm still struggling to really take it in.

Sandeul was the brain, and I was always the looks- you get what I mean? Yeah.