Chapter 38

Ding dong! 

The doorbell sound made Jin pause in his tracks. 

Who in the world is that? 

A sudden rush of horror crept on him as he assumes it was Daniel. He immediately went to the front door, peeped through the hole, and took a good sigh of relief. 

"Hwasa!" He exclaimed, and opened the front door. 

As expected, Hwasa was standing there, but she didn't look as glowing as usual.

"I'm so glad you came." Jin said, relived because he knew he couldn't last any longer in the house. At least, not alone with Byul. 

"Well, I'm not so sure about that." Hwasa muttered loud enough for him to hear, and soon, Hani appeared behind her. 

Jin's smile dropped. 

"What is she doing here?" An instant frown dawned upon him. He looked at Hwasa in disbelief. Did Hwasa really took this woman all the way to Ulsan, and revealed Byul's location so easily? 

"Listen, before you get worked up, I had to take her here. She has something important, something Byul needs to know." Hwasa motioned her hands to calm Jin down. 

"What do you mean? What's so important that she gets to be here?" Jin raised his voice, but it was directed towards Hani. How can he forget what Hani did to him? What she said to him during the photoshoot? How can he just keep calm when she took a piece of Byul away? 

Hani suddenly took a step forwards at him. 

"Daniel's dying." 

Jin froze. 

He looked into Hani's eyes, realizing that she was not joking. He took a few more seconds glancing back at Hwasa, who had fell completely silent. Jin frown, shaking his head in denial hesitantly. 

"What?" He frowned, not knowing how exactly does he feel. 

"Why should I believe you?" That was all he could croak next. 

Hani sighed, lowering her gaze. "I know you hate me, I know Byul hates me. And I also know, Daniel hates me." 

She paused. "I know I did everyone wrong, so I'm doing my very best to get one thing right. Please let me talk to Moon Byul, she has the right to know." 

Jin opened his mouth. 

"Know what?" Byul's voice caught them all off guard. 

They all turned to see Byul walking towards them slowly, in the red dress she was wearing last night. She still had her bed head, and she didn't look okay. 

Jin gulped, realizing things were getting tense. 

Then Byul spotted Hani, and her tired expression grew cold. She eyes Hwasa, who lifted her hands again to explain. "Byul, she's here for a reason. And for an apology. Many apologies." Hwasa side eyed Hani. 

Without hesitance, Hani kneeled at the front door. 

Jin backed off into the house, speechless with a little hint of annoyance.

Meanwhile, Byul was unfazed as she stood before Hani.

"I'm sorry. For everything. Every single thing I took from you. I really am." Hani's sincere tone caused Byul to sigh. Apologies are simple to make, but for her to come all the way here to kneel in front of Byul- it proves a little more. 

"But I'm not just here to apologize." Hani lifted her face, and Byul noticed her glassy eyes. 

"I want to make things right."