Chapter 3

She looked at me, puzzled in a bothered way.

When the lecturer suddenly told us to take notes, she snapped back to her senses and decided to walk in the opposite direction. I just stared at her as she sat down at the same row, but the furthest seat from me.

"Daebak, she's from SNU, dude." Sandeul slaps my arm softly. "I really mean it from all my heart, if she ever falls for you, then you're fcking gold, Jin-ah."

"Gold?" I looked at him. "Me? Tsk, I would've been real gold if Jennie still wanted me."

"You're not too late, bro. And don't you see? There's an opportunity right in front of your eyes." He wriggled his brows, telling me to look back at the girl named Moon Byul Yi.

When I turned around, she was leaning comfortably on her seat with her arms crossed. Her eyes didn't budge from the presentation screen, and her face is like always- expressionless.

"We have a lot of groups projects for this subject, so if you can't approach her outside, then this class is your chance."

I gulped, getting what he's proposing.

"Get into a group with her, and you can stick to her like glue, whether she likes it or not."

-

When the class finally ended, my things were already safely packed into my bag. I stood up, ignoring the lecturer who kept babbling about his career history even though he's been talking about it for quite some time.

"Yah, palli, palli!" Sandeul exclaimed.

I turned to her direction, grinning widely as I thought of the spontaneous plan Sandeul and I just made during the 2 hour lecture.

The tomboy, I mean, girl- sht, I'm still unsure of what to call her, even after knowing her name.

She seemed to be just as quick as we were, her sling bag already on her body as she started to walk down the stairs to get out of the hall.

Ah, not too quick!

Sandeul and I hurried off behind her, but we tried to be as subtle as we could because there were still lots of people in the hall. We quietly walked behind her with some distance as she headed out to the exit door.

"Yah, yah, palli! Before she disappears again!"

"Shh, not too loud bruh!" I whispered, and we followed her as she walked out.

She was walking quicker than usual, and by now I've already noticed her walking pattern. It seemed so masculine and laid back, and with her total boyish image- it's no wonder if people thought she was a boy at one glance.

The direction she was going clearly indicated that she was planning to get out of the campus grounds.

"Bro, I need you should act fast."

"Now?"

"Yeah. Or do you need another push-"

"NOPE. I'M FINE."

I charged towards her direction, leaving Sandeul smirking by himself. No way I'm letting that push me again!

But before I could even reach her, I froze to see a familiar figure running towards her first.

My smile dropped as my steps halted.

Sandeul arrived beside me, also noticing the reason why I stopped.

"Moonmoon!"

The tomboy turned her head, and I could see her chuckling. "Yah, nobody calls me that anymore."