Chapter 29

After a long evening, I headed back to the hospital- my mind set and prepared. Honestly, I'm not sure about what I'm doing. Heck, who does?

Life is all about the actions you take, and this time I'm taking it regardless of what will happen.

It's a crazy, dangerous, and deadly thing, you know- to be so in love.

I approached Byul's ward with light steps, trying to sound as quiet as possible in case Byul was sleeping. It wasn't that late yet, but I did come back much later than I've planned. I already texted Hwasa about why I came late, and she understood.

It was already quarter past eight, when I popped my head into Byul's ward.

Hwasa was wiping something on the table at the corner close to the window, and didn't notice me until I swung the door close behind me.

"Goodness, you're back!" She exclaimed softly, glancing at Byul who was clearly asleep. Then she threw away some tissues that were stained with sauce into the trash can. She must've just had her dinner in here.

I rushed over to the table, aiming to sit down and discuss about the plan with Hwasa while Byul was still asleep. Hwasa also looked keen in the new information I promised to tell her.

We both took our seats, with subtle glances around the room and towards Byul, worried if she suddenly wakes up due to our voices.

But I knew we couldn't wait, so I started.

"Jennie, she knows something and she's willing to help with our plan."

"She's in the plan?" Hwasa frowned. "And what exactly does she know?"

I couldn't help but sigh. "Something that's still a mystery to me, but all I want for know is Byul's safety. So, Jennie will help us on the photo shoot day."

"How... exactly?"

"Listen to me, very carefully."

-

"Huh." I sighed, gazing outside the dark gloomy night sky. Not even one star was visible to my eyes, which was slightly disappointing.

I wonder, where have all the stars gone to?

Surely, the stars were still there. I just couldn't see them as they hid behind those thick clouds. But even so, I believe they are still shining bright. Just because the clouds were gloomy and the night was dark, doesn't mean the stars have faded.

Later on, when the stars come out, I'll get to fully enjoy the view.

Heck. Since when did I become so poetic, though?

I sat down on the chair that I've positioned in front of the opened window. I'll freaking wait for the stars to come out, if I have to.

Speaking of stars, there's this one song I've been wanting to hear. Dang, I can't believe I remembered it.

I took out my phone, did a quick search on a music site, and within a few seconds, the song started to play. I gasped, realizing that my volume was too high and quickly lowered it while stealing glances at Byul.

Stupid Jin! What the heck are your earphones for?

It took me a good few minutes, searching for my earphones, that who knows where I placed them. Thankfully, I found them in the pockets of my school bag, the one I bought with me when Byul suddenly showed up at the university.

I sat back down in front of the window, and plugged the white earphones in.

Guitar sounds filled my ears, and soon I was lost in the beautiful song. Sam Kim's Sun and Moon. The first song I shared with Byul.