Chapter 24

Kim Seok Jin's P.O.V.

"You know, it's kinda crazy how we're here with Moon Byul Yi." Sandeul's statement made me drop the sheets I was unfolding and glanced back to his bed. 

"What do you mean?" 

He chuckled, patting the pillow Auntie Kim gave us. "I mean, just think about it. If you were really gonna execute the original plan, then this would've been... according to plan." 

I froze. 

"What plan?" 

"You know, the make her fall in love with you and..." 

"Enough."  I cut him off, feeling the tightness building in my chest. "We stopped that plan." 

Sandeul's silence probably meant he knew what I was thinking. 

"Sorry. Didn't mean to bring it up." He muttered, glancing back at me. "I... didn't thought you were this serious about it." 

I gulped, my eyes lingering on the bed. 

"But does Moon Byul Yi know about this?" 

"Are you out of your mind?" I turned, frowning as I look at him who was already sitting at the end of his bed. 

He widened his eyes, jaws dropped. "Excuse me? Dude, I was just asking! Are you legit into her? Like the love kinda into her?"

My throat turned dry in an instant by the way he asked. He must have thought I wasn't planning to really like her. 

Seeing me speechless, Sandeul's brows slowly furrowed into pure disbelief. 

"You really think you can love her?" 

Once again, his question took me by surprise. 

"Jin, I have been your friend for years." His tone was serious as he looked up to me. "Have you even tried to find the person who poisoned her?" 

"What's your point?" 

"My point is," he stood up. "What makes you think she can be happy with you?" 

My intense frown slowly faded away. So that is what he meant. 

"Don't take it wrong, Jin. I'm not saying you can't love her, but you gotta at least know to differentiate what's possible and what's not. Sure, go ahead and date her if it's for the fun of it. But if you're serious, you should think harder. You don't want it to end like Jennie." 

"Like Jennie?" my voice shrunk. 

Sandeul inhaled, and exhaled slowly before looking back at me. 

"I know you mean well when you say you love someone, but sometimes, it doesn't match with your actions. Or at least, it doesn't seem like it to them." 

"Did Jennie tell you that? That she didn't feel any love from me when we were together?"

"Even if she didn't, it's obvious." He answered, sighing. "You gotta fix how you love someone first before you can say you love them." 

"But it's different this time, Deul-ah. I like Byul for who she is." 

"Even if she looks like that?"

"What are you saying? Of course I do." 

"Even if she hurts you, curse at you, push you away?" 

"O-of course!" 

"Even if loving her means that she'll suffer?" 

His last question quietened me once again. 

"Go ahead and love her, if that's what your heart says. BUT, if anything happens to her that you need to be responsible of, then you carry that burden along with her. Don't repeat the same mistake, because this time, it's not Jennie. It's Moon Byul Yi, and she might not get over it as well as Jennie."