Chapter 19

My first response to her lips moving on mine was that I freaked out.

My hands flew to her shoulders straight away, and I quickly pushed her back but she wouldn't budge. Instead, she cupped my face harder and began kissing me-

hard.

"B-byul-" I gew stiffer as she kept going on, my body unable to really figure out what the heck was going on. She wasn't showing any signs of stopping, and I couldn't move a freaking muscle.

FCK.

The way she's kissing me like this... with this strong scent of alcohol... is making me feel...

My eyelids dropped, and somehow my natural response was to kiss her back.

My heart was beating like crazy; sweat pooling behind my back as I lifted my hands to Byul's face to kiss her better-

Wait.

My eyes opened again.

And so did my stupid brain.

What are you fcking doing? Are you trying to take advantage of a drunk woman? You gotta be kidding me, Seok Jin!

This time, my head was clear and firm, despite having Byul wrapping her arms over me with her eyes still closed- I firmly grabbed her and pushed her back.

Finally, our lips escaped each others.

Loud gasps of air filled my eardrums, as I let go of Byul who slowly leaned back on the fridge. I crawled one step back, ruffling my hair in pure shock and confusion as I stared at her.

She had her eyes closed, her lips apart and her face fully flushed.

What surprised me even more was the fact tears were still rolling down her face as she gasped for air.

Seok Jin, stay calm. Stay calm, take a deep breath, and get her out of here first!

And so as I tried to reach out to her again, her face started to form a desperate frown- so broke that she started to whimper in pain.

"Did you... did you enjoy this?" She said between soft sobs. "Did you feel happy when you did this to her?"

Her words made me pause.

What does she mean?

And before she could continue crying, she totally fell forwards, right onto my chest. I gulped, still feeling disoriented after the intense situation.

But one thing for sure, Moon Byul Yi has a story. A heart aching story that she couldn't tell, a point of view that she couldn't share. I could see it through her, and after tonight, I don't think I can let her out of my sight anymore.

The beating of my heart, and the longing of my embrace to just hold her like this, is giving me this very, very wild thought.

A thought I once said would NEVER happen.

I kept myself quiet long enough to make up my mind, and what I felt about Byul. I've always felt something in my chest when I'm with her, but it took me this long to finally realize it.

Who would've known?

That in the end, the campus king really did fell for the tomboy after all.

-

Let us begin.

-

[MOON BYUL YI'S P.O.V.]