7. The Intersection

Start from the beginning

"What time does your practice end?"

"Around six I think"

"Tōru, if we run we might be able to catch her at school."

"Or we can wait for her at the intersection"

"How far is Shiratorizawa from the intersection?"

"A couple blocks, it's closer than Aoba Johsai."

The intersection is the one where the convenience store is at. If you turn left and walk for three blocks you'll get to Shiratorizawa. If you turn right and walk a little over eight blocks you'll get to Aoba Johsai. It's kind of funny how close the two schools are. If Shiratorizawa weren't a boarding school there'd surely be a lot more Shiratorizawa students on your walks to school.

Kitagawa Daiichi is about twenty blocks down right, so it makes sense why so many students go to Aoba Johsai instead of Shiratorizawa.

You didn't want to be late for your first day so you decided to skip the onigiri, maybe I'll be late tomorrow for coming to get some instead.

You continued walking as you stared back at the shop longingly.

"Do you want to stop and get some oni-"

"No" You snapped your head towards Tōru, "I can't be late again!"

You turned left, "It'll be quick little bunny. Plus aren't we always late for our first days anyways?"

"Yes we are Tōru-nii! That's why I can't be late on my first day of my first year!"

"You were late on the first day of your first year in junior high" He shrugged, "It's basically our tradition at this point."

"Yea but I won't have you and Haji-san to bust me out of being late this time."

"Fine fine, we won't stop for onigiri."

He grumbled as you hummed at him in response, getting extra excited once Shiratorizawa came into view. You stopped a block away before you smoothed down your purple skirt as Tōru stepped in front of you and fixed your bow, along with a couple of stray hairs that had gone up with the light wind. He finished it off with a kiss on your forehead before ushering you towards the gates.

Once you had reached the gates you looked back and waved them off before entering the gates to the school. So much for just walking me to the intersection, You snorted to yourself thinking back on the conversation you had shared with your brother minutes earlier.

You arrived a solid fifteen minutes early and found your class relatively quickly. There wasn't a seating chart yet so you sat on the window seat on the second to last row.
Since you weren't used to arriving early you didn't know what to do, and it wasn't like you knew anyone yet. You had also chosen to sit in the area that was less crowded so there wasn't anyone around you. Your hands shot up to grip your hair but stopped midway.

No. Tōru-nii helped me with my hair this morning, I can't mess it up when classes haven't even officially started.

Instead you opted to put your head down and "rest your eyes".
You could bother one of the twins. Suna and Kenma are most likely to respond faster though, that is, if Kenma decided to pause his games to answer you back. Suna seems to be the best option.

Where'd I even leave my phone?

"Is this seat taken?"

You looked up to see the copper haired and brown eyed guy which you had met on the day of the open house.

"Ah, Shirabu-san. No it's not, go ahead"

You told him as you sat up and motioned for him to sit.