Chapter 25: Bugaboo

Marinette thought of Adrien the moment she woke up, the sunlight pouring through her bedroom window and she smiled a little. She still couldn't believe what had happened yesterday. She sat up, getting out of the bed and getting ready for school.

Despite her mom interrupting their... Intense kiss... Everything was seemingly perfect, and Marinette was happy. She rolled her eyes at the thought of Alya being right, and how much she was going to be teased. She didn't mind though, she secretly liked it.

She went downstairs, greeting her parents. "Morning Marinette, would you like some breakfast?" Her mother asked sweetly. "No thank you mom, I'm gonna head to school right now, so I'll just take an apple." Tom furrowed a brow. "My daughter? Early to school?" He asked teasingly.

Marinette playfully glared at him when she noticed her mom offered her father a smirk. Oh no... They caught on. "Hmm... Does this have anything to do with... Adrien?" Her mom asked while grinning. Marinette blushed, "M-mom!"

Her parents laughed a little, "We know Adrien's a very nice boy, but just be careful sweetie." Her father said. Marinette nodded, "Always am." She said taking an apple from the countertop and biting into it, just like that, she left out the door.

"Morning, blue." She gasped, turning around. She could feel the heat rise to her cheeks as he leaned against the bakery door. An unmistakable smirk spreading across his lips, as if he couldn't control it. "You scared me, Adrien!" she said as he chuckled.

"Sorry, princess..." He said, his gorgeous green eyes capturing hers as he offered her a slight grin. Oh god... She felt her heart hammer in her chest when he called her that. That was just... Hot. Undeniably hot. Her breath hitched in her throat as he placed his hands on her waist and pulled her close.

She looked up at him, her eyes glancing at his lips. "W-why'd you get here so early..?" She asked softly, looking back at his eyes again. "Because I wanted to see you before school..." Marinette felt her heart flutter in her chest. "Also so I could do this..."

Before she could speak, his lips brushed against hers, he slid a strand of her hair behind her ear as he looked directly into her beautiful blue eyes. He smiled a little before he kissed her, she closed her eyes as he gently kissed her.

His hand cupping her face as his lips overlapped hers, his thumb slowly brushing against her bottom lip when he parted from her. Her heart aching for him. She smiled, exposing her purely white teeth. The tips of his fingers traced down arm slowly, sending pleasant sensations down her spine.

His hand reaching hers and lacing their fingers together. "So..." Marinette said, "Princess, huh?" he chuckled a little. "It's a new nickname, blue." She shook her head, burying her face into his chest as he lowered his chin on top of her head.

He pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead before looking down at her. "Come on, we should start walking." He said, and she nodded at they began the short walk to school.

***

Alya laughed, "I KNEW IT!" She grinned, "I KNEW IT!!!" she slammed her fist on the table. "Adrienette is finally cannon!! This is the best day ever! A moment that should go down in history!" She laughed again, "NINOOOOOO!!!"

Marinette sighed, this was worse then she expected...

A moment later her boyfriend came rushing towards their lunch table, "ALYA GUESS WHAT?!" Nino exclaimed, Alya squealed. "Did Adrien tell you already?!" He nodded with a huge grin, "THE FINALLY KISSED, ALYA!" He said before he kissed his own girlfriend.

This was a bit dramatic right? She didn't know they shipped them that much...

Marinette gasped as she felt strong arms wrap around her torso, sighing in relief when it was just Adrien hugging her from behind. "Don't scare me like that..." She whispered a little, as he chuckled from behind her. "I'm not making any promises..." He said.

She shook her head with a small smile as he nuzzled his nose into her shoulder, enjoying the scent of her perfume. Alya and Nino squealed before leaving the two by themselves. "We have an hour... Wanna get out of here?" He asked.

She looked at him, nodding slightly as they both began laughing and running out of the school.

"Where to?" Adrien asked, Marinette laughed as she sprinted. "Follow me!" Adrien easily caught up, Marinette was fast... But he was faster. She lead him to the park, when he suddenly began running ahead of her and she tackled him.

He gasped as he was sent to the floor, making sure to wrap his arms around Marinette and land on his back so she didn't get hurt. Ignoring his own pain, he immediately made sure she was okay. "Marinette are you okay?? Are you hurt-"

He was relieved to hear her laughing like crazy, burying her face into the fabric of his shirt. He sighed in relief and helped her up. "How did you manage to tackle me? A little lady the size of a ladybug." She glared at him, "Did you just compare my size to a ladybug?"

He chuckled, "That's right, blue. Or should I say... Bugaboo?"  She crossed her arms as he laughed. "I'm considering tackling you again, Adrien..." He rolled his eyes playfully, "Oh come on, blue. You caught me off guard, that's all."

"Sure..." She joked, squinting her eyes.

"Come on, I'll make it up to you princess~" He said, blush panting the skin of Marinette's freckled cheeks. She furrowed a brow, crossing her arms. "oh?" she said, intrigued. He took her hand, immediately intertwining their fingers as he pulled her to the 'Andre's ice cream' parlor near by.

***

"See? I knew you'd like it." He said as he scooped a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. She licked her lips, "Best... ice cream.... EVER." She said, Adrien chuckled. "You know... the legend says whoever shares his ice cream together, will be in love forever." Adrien said, Marinette looked up at him her lips parting.

 His lips curled into a small smile, a blush crawling across his cheeks as he leaned in a little, slightly nuzzling his nose against hers and closing his eyes. Marinette's lips brushed against his as-

Ding.

The text came from Adrien's phone, as he could only hope it wasn't his father telling him to come home. He wanted to spend more time with Marinette. He sighed, Marinette could feel the coolness of his breath against her lips as he pulled back to check his phone. 

Adrien please call me... please answer my texts...

Adrien frowned and silenced his phone, he took one look and he didn't need to guess who it was, even with the "unknown number" labeled on the screen. He looked down at Marinette as she placed her head on his shoulder. He only offered her a smile, full of admiration and love. 

"Who is it?" she asked curiously. Her beautiful blue eyes peering up into his. He sighed and shook his head, he didn't want to ruin the moment. "No one." He said, cupping her cheek and kissing her lips.

He ignored the vibration in his pocket as he got another text. 

Adrien it's kagami, I broke my old phone

Answer me already!