Chapter 28: Official

As Adrien had predicted, Alya and Nino nearly fainted once they heard the news. That was it, Marinette and Adrien were official.

"Finally!" Alya squealed, jumping up and down with Nino. Adrien slung his arm around Marinette's shoulder, "I told you she wouldn't be able to resist my charm." he said as his lips curled into a smirk, Marinette rolled her eyes playfully and nudged him.

"The timing is perfect! Right before graduation." Alya said, "oh yeahhh..." Nino rubbed the back of his neck, "My mom wants me to wear a tux for my graduation party..." Alya chuckled, "Is it hideous?" Nino nodded quickly making the four chuckle. "We should all go shopping at the mall, I heard they have nice dresses and suits there."

Adrien shrugged, "my dad would kill me if I wore a tux out of his brand. I'll just pick one from my closet." He said, Alya groaned. "That's so boring, though." Alya whined. "Yeah bud," Nino said to Adrien, "Come with us, even if you don't buy anything I need your opinion dude."

Marinette nodded, "Yeah I need your opinion on my dress too." Adrien smiled, "Sounds like a plan guys. You wanna go after school?" The four teens nodded as they began walking to class. Adrien's hand slid into Marinette's as he smiled lovingly at her.

She blushed a little, her heart pounding. She looked at the ground when she could feel the stares she was getting, everyone judging her and wondering why Adrien would choose someone like her. Adrien immediately noticed this and glared at the people who stared at her, he kissed her cheek and continued to walk with her.

Some of her friends walked up to her to congratulate them being together. But Marinette somehow felt uncomfortable, did she even deserve Adrien?

***

"As you already know, there's only a few days before graduation." Mrs. Bustier said, "I wanted to congratulate all of you for making it this far, I wanted you all to know I'm proud of each and every one of you." Adrien smiled at Marinette, "I think the only thing I'll be missing about high school is seeing you for 7 hours everyday."

The bell rang, as everyone packed up their things and headed out of the classroom. Marinette and Adrien met up with Alya and Nino on the front steps of the school. "Alright lets get going dudes." Nino said casually, "Oh! I left my purse in the classroom guys I'll be right back." Marinette said. "Do you want me to go with you?" Adrien asked, "It's fine I'll be right back."

Adrien nodded as she walked into the school and started heading back to the classroom. She was surprised to see Chloe there, standing right next to her desk as she twirled the little bag with her finger. "Forgetting something?" Marinette frowned a little, "Yeah..." Chloe smirked and tossed her the bag. Marinette caught it, "thanks..." she said softly.

"Wait, I need to remind you something Marinette... That's not the only thing that you're forgetting. I think you also forgot that you'll never be good enough for Adrien, that little thing you guys have going on? That won't last long. He just needs a little bit of time to realize that you're nothing and he just pitied you the whole time."

Marinette's lips parted, so that's what this was about? She turned around, about to leave, when she suddenly stopped by instinct. She sighed, "You know what Chloe? I really do feel sorry for you. The fact that you find joy in bringing others down because of your own insecurities is pitiful. But let me remind you something..."

Marinette stepped closer to Chloe, who folded her arms and glared at her. "This little thing you have going on... making others fear you rather than like you? Highschool isn't going to last forever. After graduation, what will you do next?" Marinette asked, Chloe just sat there with her arms crossed, looking away.

Marinette walked back out of the classroom, and back with her friends. "Hey blue, what took you so long? Adrien asked, Marinette shrugged. "I couldn't find the purse for a second." she lied, Adrien furrowed a brow, he knew Marinette was hiding something, but maybe it was for a good reason, so he let it go.

***

"This looks like a nice dress..." Alya said as she looked in the mirror. "Makes me feel gorgeous." she said and Marinette giggled, "Well... You are. I think you should get it." Alya gasped, "the fashion expert approves?" She asked jokingly, Marinette smiled a little. "I do, it looks very nice. Very flattering." Marinette said.

It took a while before they found a good dress for Marinette, Alya kept insisting that every dress the girl put on looked good. But Marinette thought otherwise... Everything everyone was saying about her... she was too ugly, too thin, too fat, or maybe that she had a great body but if she did she was automatically considered a slut.

A small tear ran down her cheek as she looked at the mirror in the dressing room... since when did she care what everyone else thought? She wiped away her tears and walked out of the dressing room. "How do I look?" She asked Alya, the brunette's mouth was wide open.

"Girl, we just found your dress." She said, "Adrien! Get in here!" She called and Marinette's eyes widened, "Alya no-" Adrien came in, his lips parting at the sight of her, the room went silent. A few moments passed before he stepped closer to her, his hands placed on her waist as he looked down at her. "You look beautiful, blue."

Marinette blushed, as Adrien slid a strand of her hair behind her ear. Alya tried her best to hold in her squeal, "Before I'm a witness to some babies being made, I think I'm just gonna go and check out." Alya said making the two teens cheeks a crimson red. "Umm... I- You look very pretty." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "I like the dress too, but it's too expensive. I'll go look for another one." Martinette said.

Adrien chuckled, "No way. Let me buy you the dress." He said, Marinette scoffed. "Yeah right, you don't need to do that-" he cut her off, kissing her lips. She was surprised as his lips parted from hers. "There. Now let's go buy it." He said pulling her arm to the cash register.

" He said pulling her arm to the cash register