Chapter 21: Fencing Practice

Marinette walked into school with a smile, practically glowing. She never thought she'd be excited to go to school again, and she didn't know why. Well... She did but... She didn't want to admit it to herself. Of course, the cause of her excitement was Adrien.

She was too stubborn to admit to herself that she had a growing crush on him.

She walked into the school building, taking a deep breath. She spotted Alya talking to Nino, as she began walking over. Well, before she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She turned around, finding a ridiculously handsome man leaning against a brick wall.

"You didn't think you could get rid of me that easy, right blue?" Marinette felt her cheeks flush, as he stepped closer. "Come on, I'll walk you to class." He offered sweetly, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. A slight rosy blush crawling across her freckled cheeks.

"O-okay..." She said nervously, as he took the few books in her arms and carried them for her. He chuckled a little, "Hmm... Was that a stutter I heard, blue?" He asked and she laughed a little. "Nope, no idea what you're talking about."

He smirked, "And, she's back."

"Well, I wanted to take you somewhere after fencing practice today." He said, Marinette looked up at him. "Where?" She asked, and he shrugged. "I don't know yet, what do you feel like?" Marinette tapped her chin, "Hmm... When does your practice end?" She asked.

"It usually ends around 5:00." Adrien said, and Marinette looked to the side. "Well... My parents are making brick oven pizza tonight... If you want, we can go there after you finish practice." Marinette offered, hoping he wasn't scared of meeting her parents, as they were really kind people.

Adrien grinned. He had already met Marinette's parents when he had gone looking for her, and she wasn't home. They were really nice. "Yeah, that sound great. You can come to practice, you don't have to do anything... But you can watch if you want." Marinette felt her heart flutter, as she didn't expect that reaction.

"Y-yeah... Sounds good." She said, he smiled as they arrived at the classroom, and he placed her books on her desk. Sitting in the seat in front of her, she stared at the back of his head for a moment. This feeling inside of her... She didn't know if it was good or bad.

A few months ago, it was so simple. He was an annoyingly attractive model, cocky and witty. Made fun of her for the blue paint incident in freshman year, and she despised him for it.

Now, he was still an annoyingly attractive model, still cocky and witty. Teased her for the blue paint incident in freshman year, had a crush on her, took her out every now and then, was going to meet her parents today and...

She felt her chest tighten. Her heart skipped a beat, she liked him.

***

Marinette sat on the bench as she watched Adrien fence, a smile on her face. He was obviously the best in his class, and even though she could see Kagami glaring at her every time she lifted her red mask... She didn't care. Because a few meters away from Kagami, was Adrien...

Who smiled at her every time he lifted his white mask.

Time passed by a bit more quick then she had anticipated, Adrien had told her he would be back in a few minutes after he would freshen up and change. Marinette simply nodded and continued sketching a design in her sketchbook.

A few minutes passed by, Adrien was still in the locker room. She stood up, taking hold of the sabre Adrien had left behind, it was sort of inspiring. She didn't know what inspired her about it, maybe a new design. The possibilities of designing something as slick and sharp in contrast to the sabre seemed endless.

Adrien was busy washing his face, he wanted to look nice for the dinner with Marinette's family. He put on some extra deodorant and cologne he found in his gym bag, he changed into a decent clothing, formal but also comfortable and slightly casual.

He walked out of the locker room to find Marinette holding his sabre, he smiled and walked closer to her. Taking her hand that was holding his sabre, and pointing it as he placed his hand on the small of her back and fixed her posture.

She gasped a little at his touch, a crimson blush blooming across her cheeks as he held her waist. His cheek nearly pressing against hers as he crouched to her level. "Stand like this, always make sure your left knee is bent when you start." He said.

Marinette turned her head, his lips brushing against his cheek as he realized how close he was, a slight blush dusting his cheeks as his eyes connected with hers. He didn't move. Neither did she. If anything, he wanted to get closer to her.

Kagami slung her gym bag across her shoulder, walking out of the girls locker room. Her lips parted a little, her heart clenching in pain. She watched as the love of her life stood right next to her rival, standing so close to her.

She clutched her bag tighter, about to walk over there and give them a piece of her mind before she received a text. She checked her phone, unlocking it. It was her driver, telling her that they were waiting right outside the school.

She glared back at the two standing next to each other, staring to tear up as she gripped her phone so tight she felt like it would break. She whipped her head back in front of her and walked out of the school, and into her limo. She hated Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Adrien smiled a little as he finally stood straight, go letting of her waist just yet. Instead, he pulled her closer, her head hitting his chest as he held her tightly. "A-adrien... What are you doing?" Marinette asked, surprised.

He smelled heavenly, his scent nearly driving her insane. She hugged him back, still a bit confused. "I just wanted to hold you." He said honestly, Marinette smiled, her heart beating erratically and she hoped he couldn't hear it. She looked up at him, "We should get going. My parents are probably waiting."

He nodded, and they headed outside of the school, towards the bakery.