Chapter 20: Might as Well

Marinette skipped to her closet as she got ready for her hang out with Alya. Alya informed Marinette to dress nicely so they could take pictures. She tapped her chin as she looked at her clothes, she decided she'd go with a nice summery vibe.

She went with a yellow beach dress, decorated with white flowers, it gave off a diner vibe. She did her makeup light, her signature lip gloss, perfume, mascara, and highlighter. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and brought her purse.

She was told to meet Alya on the bridge, so she headed there after informing her parents she might stay out a little late but not too late. She sat on one of the benches at the bridge, keeping an eye out for a brunette with orange highlights.

"What a nice surprise seeing you here, blue." She jumped out of her seat, turning around to see Adrien Agreste. She blushed, "Don't scare me like that you weirdo!" She said, crossing her arms. He looked at her with a flushed expression.

She looked stunning.

She was breathtaking.

"Who are you waiting for?" Adrien asked, Marinette slid a strand of hair behind her ear. "Alya... What about about you?" She asked, looking up at him. Her eyes locked with his, and she looked away shyly. She always felt embarrassed in front of him now a days.

She felt like everything everyone was saying was true, especially since everyone was saying it constantly. She was ugly, she was stupid, she wasn't good enough. She had started to believe it. It made her feel embarrassed to speak to him, she felt like she didn't deserve him. Let alone deserve speaking to him.

"Well, I was waiting for Nino... But he canceled on me, so here I am, lucky for you." he teased, she smiled a little, and he thought she was nothing but beautiful. So he had upgraded the plan a bit. Alya, Nino, and himself had discussed it on video chat the other night.

Marinette's phone began to ring, and just on time. Marinette pressed her phone to get ear, and Adrien could hear a little bit of the conversation.

"I am so so sorry girl, my mom just told me she needed to run a few errands. I have to stay him and watch my two little sisters. We can reschedule some other time." he heard Alya say.

"I can come help you and we could have a movie night at your place, I don't mind helping you with your sister's." Marinette said thoughtfully, Adrien's eyes widened a little, going this didn't ruin everything he had planned for the evening.

"No no no, it's okay!" Alya said and Adrien cringed a little, hoping Marinette wasn't suspicious or anything. "My sister's are really moody today anyway and I don't think we'd even be able to enjoy a movie night. We'll plan something on Monday, kay?"

Marinette sighed, a little disappointed she couldn't see her best friend. "Yeah, sounds good. See you then, bye Alya!" She said, trying to look at the glass half full rather than half empty.

"Bye girl!"

Marinette placed her phone back in her bag, crossing her arms as a ridiculously attractive smirk spread across the lips of Adrien Agreste. "So, looks like we're both rejects... Might as well hang out together." He urged, Marinette looked to the side.

It became evident to Adrien that there was something bothering her. He wanted to do something about it, cheer her up maybe, or make her smile. But he couldn't when she didn't give him the opportunity.

She wanted more than anything to regain back what she had began so start with him, a growing friendship. More than just enemies or casualties in the school hallways. But all she could think about was Gabriel's words, that she was a bad influence on Adrien... to stay as far away from him as possible.

She looked at Adrien's face, a genuine smile on his face and what seemed like hope in his tender green eyes. She had a decision to make. Either leave, reject his request and spend the rest of the day at home... Or take him up on his offer and spend some quality time with him after what seemed like forever.

Staying as far away from Adrien as possible... Was something she wasn't capable of doing.

He had given her so many chances, even though she was always confused and tricked because of Kagami... She had lost all of them. Yet here he was, giving her another chance without hesitation. That was something she wasn't going to take for granted.

She took a deep breath, peering into his beautiful green eyes. She offered him a small smile, and his heart fluttered as the girl of his dreams walked closer to him and took his hand in hers. Their fingers intertwining as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Might as well." she agreed, Adrien looked down at her as she looked up at him. A slight blush painting his cheeks. The girl was making him feel things he didn't even know existed, he couldn't explain it. He sucked in a sharp breath of air, as he pulled her along the bridge.

They found themselves unmistakably on the third floor of the Eiffel tower, peering at the city below them. Marinette leaned against the railing, admiring all the beautiful lights. The sun was beginning to set, and the sky was beginning to dim.

She took a deep breath of fresh air, as Adrien admired the beauty in front of him. Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She gasped as she felt his hands grip her hips, she could feel the body heat radiating off of him from behind her.

"A-adrien..." She turned in his arms, a smile on his face. "Relax, just trust me okay?" He asked, Marinette nodded as he turned her back around, her back facing his chest. He lifted her off her feet, hoisting her up to sit on top of the thick railing.

She grinned as she felt the cool refreshing breeze flow through her hair and she felt free. Adrien wrapped his arms around her waist securely, not letting go of her for a second. Marinette smiled, revealing her purely white teeth outlined by her beautiful glossed lips.

Adrien felt his heart hammer in his chest as he set her back down. "Promise me something..?" He asked, Marinette's lips parting. She furrowed a brow, as he held her hands in his. "That depends..." She said, her lips curling into a smile that took his breath away.

"Promise you won't let Kagami... Or anyone else, get in between us again. Promise you'll talk to me about it first." He said, his green eyes connecting with hers. She didn't look away, instead, she stepped closer to him. "I promise you..." She said, wrapping her arms around him and burying her face into his chest.

Adrien felt his breath hitch in his throat, as he slowly wrapped his arms back around her and smiled as he buried his nose into her hair, the pleasant fragrance of her lavender shampoo penetrating his nose. He held her tighter, as if he would never let go again.

Figuratively speaking... He didn't plan on it.