Chapter 38: Hold me

"YOU WHAT!?" Alya exclaimed.

"AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD ME UNTIL NOW!?"

Marinette gulped, "I just... well I don't know Alya..."

"You realize this Adrien is the same Adrien that left you alone in a hotel room without saying goodbye? I was the one who had to pick you up the day Marinette! I remember, vividly." Alya said, crossing her arms. "And now you guys are- what? Having sex with each other until he leaves!?"

"Marinette you're just going to be all broken again- probably worse this time once he leaves again..." Alya said softly, Marinette looked down. "I... I know." She said, "I know I've been reckless Alya... but I..." her eyes shifted to the side as she thought about what happened with Felix.

"That night at the club... I told you I felt sick and that's why I left... I left because, I started kissing this other guy and- I was thinking about Adrien okay!?" Marinette said, tears at the brim of her eyes as she looked up at her best friend. "He was touching me and kissing me and- all I could think about was Adrien!"

"I couldn't picture myself with anyone else Alya... I actually had hope he would stay this time and... he's just gonna fucking leave again..." she sobbed, as a Alya rubbed her back soothingly. "I didn't know what else to do... I can't stop loving him... which is fucked because he's the one who wanted me at first."

"So I told him he could use me... that I could use him too, because I didn't know what the fuck else to say. I can't just stop loving him... and even if he is just using me, I would let him..." Marinette said softly, now that she had said the words out loud... she despised herself even more...

She was letting him use her because she loved to him? How fucked up did she have to be to let that happen?

***

Marinette sighed as she placed her purse down on his counter, Adrien was already sitting in the living room. She walked over to him, sighing as she plopped herself right on top of him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "What's wrong?" He asked, she shook her head.

"Everything..."

He sat up with her still on top of him, her face buried in the crook of his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Tell me." He said softly, she sighed and shifted to see his face, his tender green eyes locking with hers. "I just..." she looked at his face, she missed him.

He was right in front of her but she missed him. What they used to have... she missed all the "I love you's," all the laughter, she missed allowing herself to show him the love in her eyes. She couldn't do that anymore. Her eyes shifted to the floor, "I'm just tired..." she lied.

Adrien nodded, as she buried her face into his chest, a small blush crawling across his cheeks as he ran his fingers through her hair soothingly. "That makes sense... I'd be tired if I were you too. You've been running through my mind all day." He said casually and Marinette let out a small giggle.

"Dummy." She said softly. She could hear the sound of his heart beating in his chest, and his heart beat accelerated. She wondered why. His hands made their way to her waist, sliding down her hips and gripping her thighs. He lifted her up, her arms still wrapped around his neck as her legs crossed around his waist.

He looked up at her as he held her in his arms, she looked down at him, a small blush blooming across her cheeks as his nose brushed against hers. His eyes darting to the trail of freckles spilled across the plain of her nose and a small smile formed on his lips.

Her eyes fluttered closed as she cupped his cheeks and pressed her lips against his. He kissed her back immediately, blindly walking back into his bedroom and placing her on the bed. Her back pressing into the sheets as he pressed wet kisses to her neck and slid his hand underneath her shirt.

"Wait-" she said, "Can we just... hang out today? It's my time of the month..." she said, hiding her head in embarrassment.

He stopped, looking a bit surprised and then he laughed a little, "Yeah... I can get some snacks and put on a movie if you want princess~" her heart leaped in her chest as she nodded with a small laugh. "Sounds good." He bowed, "As you wish, blue." He said heading back to the kitchen. A few minutes later he came back with some cookies and milk glasses.

He put on a Disney movie, Tangled, and plopped onto the bed right beside her. Wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her against his chest with ease. Marinette smiled as she watched his eyes glued to the screen as he bit into a cookie.

He never really got the chance to watch Disney movies and things like that when he was younger, so he found interest in it now. She thought it was... cute. "People who say Disney is just for kids are soooo wrong." He said and Marinette laughed. "Dork."

He shrugged, placing a kiss onto her forehead and softly running his hands through her hair.

Marinette felt her heart ache at the thought of him leaving again... this was going to hurt... she buried her face into his chest, she didn't want him to go. She didn't want this to end... ever.

Adrien yelped softly as she suddenly kissed his lips and climbed on top of him. His eyes shutting as she slipped her tongue into his mouth, her lips overlapping his. His hands ran down her body and gripped onto her ass, her lips harshly pressing against his with an aching desire.

Her lips separated from his, both of them panting as she collapsed onto his chest. "Marinette... what's wrong?" He asked, her eyes tearing up. Don't leave... she wanted to say. Don't leave me again... she sniffled, "Just hold me..." she said softly, clinging to him. He narrowed his eyebrows in concern, she just needed someone...

She didn't need to tell him why she was sad, he was fine with that. He was just happy he could be there for her.