Chapter 13: They Aren't You

Adrien sighed as the booming of the music clouded his ears, he had been more gloomy lately. Marinette was the highlight of his day and she no longer wanted him around. It broke his heart every time he thought about it.

He was holding off as long he could.

He knew she needed her space, but he was beginning to lose hope. He was still unconditionally in love with her, but it seemed lately that it would stay that way. One sided. He was in love with her, but would she ever feel the same way?

He sighed as he drank another cup of punch, maybe he could just drink until he couldn't feel any more. Until he couldn't feel the pain. Until he couldn't think about what happened. He felt the vibration of his phone in his pocket, looking at the screen.

Kagami: I told Marinette yesterday.

He sighed, yesterday huh? And she still didn't even want to talk to him? He got another text.

Kagami: I did what you asked, so where are you? We need to talk.

Adrien took another few gulps of punch, some of the liquid pouring out of the cup and sliding down his throat as he threw the empty cup across the room. He replied, his vision blurry and his mind hazy so it came out like this but he didn't give a damn.

Adrien: NinOs paRty

He put his phone back in his pocket, not caring to see her response as he went to go get some more punch.

***

Marinette took a deep breath as she stepped in the entry way of Nino's house. Alya walking beside her as as the vibration of the music boomed. "I'm gonna head to the DJ booth," Alya said, "That's probably where Nino is. You go find Adrien~"

Marinette rolled her eyes at Alya's tone of voice, sighing as she trudged through the people at the party. It smelled like alcohol and smoke, like most parties did. When there was no sight of Adrien she headed upstairs.

Kagami had arrived at the party a little earlier then Marinette had, hoping to sort things out with Adrien. She had seen him near the punch table drinking away and she dragged him upstairs where the music and shouting wasn't so loud.

He was obviously drunk, but she couldn't care less. If he was drunk he wouldn't push her away. She took him in one of the bedrooms, noticing his messy estate. His hair was untamed, the collar of his shirt was uneven and a few of the buttons on his shirt had gone undone.

There was a trace pink punch on his chin and neck, probably dried and sticky now. He seemed so vulnerable, he'd probably let her do whatever she wanted to him right now.

Marinette was getting concerned, Alya made sure that Nino had invited Adrien to the party. And then called him to make sure that he was actually there. Maybe he had left? Marinette couldn't quite put her finger on it as she began looking in some of the bedrooms.

She began getting increasingly worried as about every bedroom door she had opened there were people making out it in it. She hoped she wouldn't find Adrien in there with someone else. She knew she needed to get over him, but she didn't want him with anyone else.

That seemed selfish to her, but if he was with someone else then that was his choice and she had no right to feel that way if she was the one that kept rejecting him.

Adrien wasn't sure on what was happening as he felt a hand latch on to his wrist and he was being pulled up the staircase and into a bedroom. His vision was blurry and he could barely keep his eyes open.

He felt like he could just collapse into a puddle on his bed and he was out. That's when he could spot a trace of blue-black hair and he thought it was Marinette. "Blue... I'm so sorry... I love you so much and Kagami lied to you I... I swear."

Adrien's words were slurred but she could still understand him. Kagami furrowed a brow, blue? What a pathetic nickname. Seeming as her haircolor was similar to Marinette's, that's probably who he thought she was.

So she let him continue, hoping to gain some information about his and Marinette's relationship. The only thing that bothered her was him saying I love you, but it was meant for someone else.

Kagami grabbed Adrien's hand and placed it on her own shoulder, "Go on..." She urged and Adrien narrowed his eyebrows, his eyes closing as he stumbled. "I'm scared that... I'll never forget you... That, whenever I meet someone new, I can't love them because they aren't you Marinette."

Kagami felt her lips part, Marinette didn't deserve him. She clenched her fists when the door suddenly opened, revealing a petite bluenette. Kagami smirked a little, looking back and Adrien and placing her lips against his.

Adrien couldn't believe it, Marinette had kissed him. She was kissing him right now. So why didn't he feel the spark that he usually felt when he was with her? Why couldn't he actually believe it?

Marinette's lips parted in surprise, her heart breaking into two. She felt her eyes water as she quickly closed to the door and ran. Ran away from the room, away from the house, away from the party, and away from Adrien.

Hurts me to hurt you baby

Hurts me to hurt you baby... Lyin awake and everything had changed...

Keepin' our distance lately... Kill me to kill you and I know that if I felt it once, I can't feel it twice... Its more than I can take... Baby.

Hurts me to tell you I don't feel the same...

I can feel you still staring at me when I look away... Can't imagine the pain that you feel when I kiss his face...