Chapter 14: Once Again

Adrien woke up earlier that morning with a massive headache, he didn't remember much from last night. He could remember having one too many drinks, someone grabbing his hand, and a splash of midnight hair.

He didn't know what to think, he hoped he hadn't done anything stupid.

He looked at his phone, he unlocked the screen to reveal messages from kagami.

Kagami: I told Marinette yesterday.

Kagami: I did what you asked so where are you? We need to talk.

Adrien: NinOs paRty

Kagami: I'll be there.

Kagami was at the party? What the hell happened last night? He was beyond confused. Kagami told Marinette... Two days ago. And she still hadn't said anything? He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

What did him and Kagami talk about? He hated this, but he needed to know.

He pressed call, hoping Marinette hadn't gone to the party but Nino was good friends with her and Alya so they probably both went. Kagami picked up, using quite the seductive voice when she answered the phone. He was confused.

"Hey Adrien~"

He felt nauseous. "Kagami, what happened last night at the party? I can't remember anything." He confessed, and he heard her chuckle. This was certainly no good.

"Don't tell me you don't remember Adrien... You had a bit too much to drink, you took me upstairs and then you started kissing me. I had to stop you before you went too far~"

Adrien frowned, that didn't sound like him at all. "So you took advantage of me while I was drunk?" He asked, obviously irritated. He would never willingly kiss Kagami, especially while he was drunk. He knew that for a fact.

And he didn't trust Kagami like he did before, she lied too much now.

"No, you took advantage of me while you were drunk Adrien."

He sighed and ended the phone call once he knew Kagami was going to be no help.

***

A satisfied smirk spread across Kagami's lips as she stared out of her bedroom window, when she looked at the screen and noticed Adrien had ended the phone call. She wasn't lying. She was just doing this so they could finally be together.

Once her lips finally kissed Adrien's she knew there was just simply no way she could give him up. Marinette could never give him what he wanted. She set her phone down on the desk beside her window, as she sat in her computer chair.

By the next year she would probably be going off to college, she could picture a relationship with her and Adrien after they both finished college. Him asking her to marry him at a fancy restaurant and buying an extremely expensive mansion.

She just knew they had to be made for each other.

***

When Marinette saw Adrien at school, she couldn't get the picture of him and Kagami kissing at the party. She knew it was none of her business, but she couldn't help but wonder how far they went. If they... did so much more then just kiss.

When she herself hadn't kissed him once.

She quickly blinked the tears that had started to burn at the brim of her eyelids, continuing to walk the rest of the way up the step of the school. Adrien spotted her from a distance and walked over to her, much to her embarrassment.

She could already feel the stares she was getting as he stepped close to her, she could feel the body heat he was producing and she wanted nothing more than to just hug him. But she couldn't, not when she knew what went down the other night at the party.

And not when she knew he wasn't hers.

"Marinette, I heard Kagami told you that she lied about everything." Adrien said suddenly and Marinette stared at the ground, refusing to look him in the eyes. He was just so, beautiful? She didn't know. She just knew it would only hurt her more.

"Yeah... I wanted to say I was sorry, for overreacting and assuming things that you told me were wrong. I should've believed you..." She said, with each word that escaped her lips she began to feel so small, when she knew mostly everyone was staring at them. Judging her.

"It's okay, you had a good reason to be angry. No hard feelings, blue." He said, and Marinette felt her heart flutter. Why did she have to feel this way for him? She felt the tears sting in her eyes, as she continued to look stare at everything except his eyes. His tender green eyes.

Adrien noticed this almost immediately, as he furrowed his brow. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked, about to place his hand on her shoulder before she stepped away from him. "Yeah, I'm glad there's no hard feelings..." She said, staring at his face for just a moment.

He could spot the tears that made her eyes glossy, the redness and puffiness surrounding them and his heart began to ache with guilt. What did he do at that party? Did he do something to hurt her? Before he could say anything she was already walking away from him.

Once again.

Adrien was glad they were rebuilding their relationship, but he really needed to know what happened. If Kagami and him were alone, and Marinette wouldn't speak to him. about it, then the only person that could tell him was Kagami.

He was definitely not looking forward to this.

He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts, with one press of his thumb, and the ringing of his phone, he heard the voice of his old friend. A completely different person she was then what she is now.

"Yes Adrien?"

She was using that obnoxiously fake tone again... "Kagami, can you meet me at the park during lunch hour?" He asked, and she used a forced giggle before she spoke.

"Of course Adrien. "