Chapter 12

Megan POV

     "He won't ever find out, right? No. There's no way he'll find out, because I'll never talk about it, and no one else knows. I'm safe. I'm completely and totally safe." I reassure myself, as I sit in my room and practice my typography, while listening to my playlist in the background.

     It's the day after meeting Colin's friends, and for once I'm not worrying about Dean. I'm actually worrying about the second most terrifying person I've ever met. No, wait. Third. The third most terrifying person I've ever met. Jason's got everyone beat, except for Dean of course.

     James Delendo makes me very nervous. Yes, the depressed 5'10 emo kid nicknamed Mopey. He is terrifying, for one reason and one reason only. He doesn't know how to keep his damn mouth shut! Not that he cares anyway.

     Even if he finds out the most earth shattering secret, and is ordered not to tell anyone, he will most likely slip it into a casual conversation with someone in such a nonchalant way it's almost funny. The only thing is, is that if he finds out about, let's say, a certain serial killer that has killed over fifteen people, and his girlfriend who helped him commit one of his murders. That certain girlfriend is completely fucked, because James will most definitely go to the police with that information, no matter how much the girlfriend begs him not to tell anyone.

     Just to make it clear, I'm that certain girlfriend. And I am really worried that James is going to somehow find out about my past, and tell everyone, making everyone hate me, including Colin.

     A knock at my door causes me to jump a little, making the line that I have been drawing for the past few seconds to turn all squiggly and weird.

     "Come in." I call, although I'm not entirely sure who it's going to be, since I didn't invite Colin over or anything.

     Instead, the now opened door reveals Kate, which I'm surprised by. I know I shouldn't be though, since she's my roommate.

     "Hey, Megan." Kate says sweetly, although her eyes are filled with guilt.

     "Hey, are you okay?" I ask in concern.

     "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday. It's just that my parents used to interrogate me like that all the time, and it really annoyed me." She explains.

     "It's okay, Kate. I shouldn't have asked so many questions, I just wanted to make sure you were feeling okay. I, um.... I know what it's like to be alone with a guy who's only mission is to get down your pants." I admit, although I really don't want to explain it any further, otherwise I'll probably end up crying.

     Kate's eyes widen in realization. "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know.... I guess, I guess that makes sense. Why you were so worried about me."

     "It wasn't a big deal, just a close call. Nothing actually happened to me." I reassure her, not wanting to give her the wrong idea of what happened to me.

     "Okay, that's good." She says, giving me a small smile. She then glances back at the door, and adds. "I'm going to go now, if that's okay?"

     "Sure." I say, nodding my head.

     Kate gives me one last smile, before she walks out of my room and disappears behind the wall.

—-

     It's about ten o'clock, and I'm just scrolling through the tv channels, trying to find something good to watch. As I'm looking, however, I hear a knock at the front door.

     I put down the remote, and walk over to the door. When I open it, there's no one there, but I then look down and gasp at what I see.

     Littering the floor of the hallway, there are two trails of flower petals, making a path to follow. The path starts at the foot of my door, and leads all the way down to the exit of this floor. I then notice an envelope laying at the start of the flower path, and I pick it up and open it. Inside, there is a piece of paper with neat handwriting on it.

     Megan, please follow the path of flower petals. I have a surprise for you.

     I'm pretty sure this is Colin's doing, but a small part of me is wondering if this is a trap. I then feel instantly stupid. This isn't Lakeview, there are no serial killers coming to murder me. I am completely safe here.

     So, I make the obvious choice, and follow the path of flower petals.

Colin POV

     "Are you sure about this, dude? It seems a little cheesy." I say uncertainly, studying the rows of bags of flower petals that are stuffed on the shelves of a local Dollar Store.

     "Of course, girls love cheesy." Charles says with a laugh.

     I have come up with the brilliant idea to make a super cheesy romantic date set for Megan and I, so I can ask her to be my girlfriend. I know that we haven't known each other for very long, but I personally think the talking stage in a relationship is totally pointless. It makes more sense to talk in the relationship, instead of wasting time being 'just friends', while both people know perfectly well that they're going to end up dating each other eventually.

     I just hope Megan sees it that way too, because I am absolutely terrified right now, to say the least.

     "All right, I guess I'll grab these then." I say with a sigh, reaching up to grab a bag full of light pink and white petals, and another full of a darker pink and red.

     "Alright, lets go make your girl cry." Charles says with a grin.

     "The only reason why she would cry from this, is because it looks like something out of Twilight." I joke.

—-

     I am now standing outside the residence building, and it's now night. Meaning I have to work fast before Megan decides to go to bed, otherwise my whole plan is ruined.

     So, after about half an hour of making a trail of flower petals, I am finally ready. I quickly write up a note for Megan, set it down at her door, knock on the door, and practically sprint out of the building and all the way down to my car, which is parked right outside.

     Now I wait, and hope that my plan goes exactly according to plan.