Chapter 44

Colin POV

     "Where is she?" I mutter to myself, scanning the crowd in search of my girlfriend.

     Megan's been gone for a little over five minutes, and it's now edging on ten. I'm not the overly possessive boyfriend type, but I do worry about her a lot. I just can't help thinking if Dean has somehow gotten to her.

     I'm barely listening to the conversation James, Charles, Ben and Amber are having. Mainly I'm just checking my phone every five seconds and scanning the area around me. The more time passes that I don't see Megan, the more worried I get. What happened to her?

     Finally, at the twenty minute mark, I can't take it anymore. I briefly tell my friends that I'll be back, then slip out of the gazebo. The first place I check is the back patio, since that's where all the drinks are, but when I get there, I don't see her. I then go into the actual house, and after spending about five minutes in each downstairs room, I still can't find her. I even try calling her, but it goes to voicemail after several rings.

     I decide to go upstairs to see if she's in the bathroom or something, but each room I check either has no one in it, or has a couple making out. The last door I open is the bathroom, and of course, she's not here. I decide to go in and lock it anyway, because I want to try calling her again (for the fiftieth time in the past ten minutes).

     I pull out my phone and call Megan once again, and to my immense relief, she picks up. Only, it isn't her.

     "Hello Colin, it's so nice to finally talk to you." A deep voice says pleasantly on the other end.

     "Who is this?" I demand, although I'm pretty sure I already know.

     "My name is Dean Stevens. I'm sure Megan has told you all about me." He says, and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

     "Where is Megan?" I growl, trying to keep calm, even though it's totally not working in the slightest.

     "Oh, she's safe with me. Thank you so much for bringing her to this party, it was the perfect place to take back what is mine." Dean says slyly.

     "I swear to god, if you hurt her I'll-" I start, but Dean cuts me off.

     "Oh, Colin. How stupid are you? I'd never hurt Megan....only kill her. We'll be together forever very soon. Although, I do want some more time with her body. You know, sedatives really do do the trick." He says casually.

     My blood instantly turns to ice. One, he has her somewhere, and I have no idea where the hell that somewhere is. Two, he's going to kill her in the very near future, if I can't get to her before that happens. And three, he may have just raped her....

     "Did you....did you just-" I cut myself off as my voice starts to tremble.

     "Did I what? Did I fuck her? Did I take advantage of her? Did I rape my own girlfriend? Yes, Colin. I did, and it was great. I'm sure if she was conscious she would have loved it too." Dean admits, and I can practically see him grinning at his phone.

     "Give her back to me....now." I demand, even though it feels like my voice is experiencing an earthquake right now.

     I glare at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, as tears start trickling down my face, but I refuse to break down. I can't, I need to stay strong. I don't want to give Dean the pleasure of hearing me cry.

     I hear him sigh into the phone, then he finally says. "Look Colin, you seem like a great guy, but Megan is mine. I'll give you one chance to back down, and walk away. Call this number again, and I will kill you."