Chapter 11

Megan POV

     "So Kate, how was losing your virginity last night?" I ask curiously, grinning at my roommate.

     Kate is drinking her orange juice while I'm asking this question, and ends up choking on it. She brings the glass away from her mouth and goes into a coughing fit for the next two minutes.

     Finally, once she done hacking her lungs out, she asks. "What the hell are you talking about?"

     "Oh, don't play dumb. I was up all night listening to you and your mystery boyfriend. Not even my earbuds with music could block out the noises coming from your room." I tease, trying not to laugh.

     Kate's face has gotten increasingly redder with every passing moment of me talking. Now her skin shade is equivalent to that of a tomato.

     "Oh, well um....he's not my boyfriend. It was sort of a one night stand." She admits guiltily.

     "Well, did you like the guy?" I ask, totally forgetting about my breakfast.

     "Yeah, of course! If I didn't like him, I wouldn't have slept with him." Kate says, scowling at me.

     "I was just making sure." I say, raising my hands in mock surrender. "You were fully functional of your body, right? You weren't drugged?"

     "Holy shit, Megan! I was fine. Everything is fine. And yes, I am on birth control, so there's no chance that I'm going to get knocked up." Kate snaps.

     I'm surprised that she's getting this annoyed, but maybe she's the type to keep her relationships on the down low.

     "Alright, I'm sorry, I just wanted-" I start, but am interrupted by a knock at the door.

     My heart speeds up as I get up and walk over to the door. I open it, and come face to face with Colin.

     "Hey!" I say, grinning.

     "Nice to see you again." Colin says with a smile.

     "We just saw each other last night." I say with a laugh.

     "So you're getting at me for being with a guy late at night, while you were doing the exact same thing?" Kate demands, narrowing her eyes at me.

     "The difference is that you were at a club, and I was at a party, with people I could trust." I reason, not understanding why she's getting so defensive about this.

     "Whatever, hypocrite." Kate mutters, storming to her room and closing the door.

     "Megan, I think we might need to perform an exorcism on her, she's been possessed by James." Colin says gravely, but I just burst out laughing.

     "Come on," He says, once I've calmed down. "I want you to meet my friends."

—-

     Colin texted me later last night about him wanting me to meet his friend group, which makes me feel very happy. When I was dating Dean, he had no friends, so he had to meet my friends, which didn't go so well, because you know, he killed them all.

     Hopefully it goes better this time, on his side at least, because Kate didn't give out the greatest first impression ever.

     We make it to the skatepark, which seems like the designated spot for Colin's group to hang out at.

     Everyone seems to already be here, since Colin said that there are four other members to his 'skater gang' as he called it.

     There's a short blonde kid, a surfer boy, a nerdy looking guy, and of course, James (aka Mopey).

     "Hey! All you lot! Get over here, there's someone I want you to meet." Colin calls to them, since they're all in different parts of the park.

     Once everyone is here, in which they're all staring at me as if I'm an alien (except for James, who looks as if he just wants to go back into his own little world of gloom and destruction), Colin introduces me to everyone.

     "This is Megan, we met a few days ago, and she might hang out with us sometimes, if that's alright with everyone." Everyone nods or gives some sort of shrug to say yes.

     "Megan, this is Kyle," The short blonde, "Greg," The surfer boy, "James, who you already know, and Charles." The nerd.

     It takes a moment to sink in, but I realize something that makes me laugh a little.

     "Oh, you're not about to take another hit at my nickname, are you?" James asks with an exasperated expression.

     "No, it's just that you two together are James Charles." I say, laughing still as I point at the emo and the nerd.

     "Oh my god." James mutters, rolling his eyes and looking exceptionally unimpressed.

     Charles on the hand laughs along with me, then tilts his body to the side, and says in a high voice. "Hey sisters!" With a girly wave to go along with it.

     At this point, everyone is laughing (Colin probably the hardest), and even James looks as if he's trying to hold back a smile.

     "Wait, so how come James gets a head start at knowing her then?" Charles questions, looking at the emo boy with envy in his eyes.

     "Actually, Colin was the first to meet me. We kind of just ran into each other, quite literally actually. I only met James last night, at a party Colin and I went to, and James just happened to be there." I explain.

     "More like forced to be there, since my roommate basically dragged me out of my room, just so that I could listen to those two having sex in a closet." James says bluntly, because apparently this kid has no filter.

     "WHAT?!" Multiple people shout at the same time, Colin and I being two of them.

     "No. It was a make out session, nothing else. And it was also a dare." Colin explains, turning a little red in the face.

     "Right, okay." James says with another eye roll, as if he doesn't believe a word Colin says.

     I can't help but wonder if James might be one of the worst people to find out about a dark secret someone has, because more likely than not, he will blurt it out, and ruin that person's life forever.