21 - Toph x Shy!Bullied!Reader Part 2

Yeah, it's been a while since the original got published, but hey, I thought it deserved a Part 2

_____

"Just stop, Jet." I walked away from him. "I'm not doing this anymore." 

He continued to follow after me, alone since it was early and his friends weren't here yet. No one was here in fact. "Don't be like that." Jet grabbed my wrist, harshly. "C'mon just five minutes." 

I yanked it away. "I won't even give you five seconds." 

"Wow you sure have turned into a bitch since that whole Toph incident." I sighed, ignoring him and kept walking down the hall. He grabbed my wrist again and shoved me up against the wall. I winced feeling my back slam against the brick, the air getting knocked out of me. 

Someone cleared their throat behind us. Jet turned around. "Didn't I tell you to leave her alone?" Toph asked him. I took a deep breath, getting air back into my lungs. 

"Tch." Jet walked away. 

I grabbed my bag off the ground which had fallen in the commotion. "And didn't I tell you to come to me if there was any more problems." 

"I had it under control," I awkwardly mumbled as I walked away. 

"Sure." She began following me. "What are you doing here this early anyway?" 

"My mom had to go to work early, and she's my only ride," I explained. The two of us sat down on a bench. "What about you?" 

"Study group, at least that's what I told my parents. I was planning on going to The Jasmine Dragon and getting some breakfast that wasn't gross. Then I heard you two." Toph paused. "Why does he bother you, anyway?" she asked. 

I sighed. "I'm gay. He's homophobic, although I'm kind of thinking it's more internalized because from what I can tell, none of his friends know the reason he keeps bothering me." 

Toph went silent. I gulped fearing I just said something I shouldn't have. "Huh, I didn't know there was another." 

"Another?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah. From what I could tell I was the only gay person in the school. Then again," she waved a hand in front of her eyes, "not exactly like I could see them." Toph stood up and motioned for me to follow. "Come on." 

I raised an eyebrow and followed her out of the school. "Where are we going?" 

"Breakfast." 

"I'm not hungry," I said. My stomach growled right at that moment, betraying me. 

"Sure." Toph held her hand up, "let me see your hand." I hesitantly placed it on top of hers and suddenly she was pulling me across the street.