36 - Adult!Toph x Cop!Reader

It's almost 1 am that's tomorrow, time to publish

Su was definitely a hyper child

Prompt: how about a good old Cop reader x Adult Toph where (Y/N) had just recently met the girls and introduced as Toph's girlfriend, but today had to babysit because they both were at home and someone had to
By SpicyH
_____

"Are you sure they're going to like me?" I asked Toph again. We had grown closer since my promotion to detective and eventually started dating.

"Yes, Y/n, the most they're going to do is try and drive you away, neither of them would attempt murder."

"That's an oddly specific thing to add," I said.

"They're going to love you, relax," Toph said. She kissed my cheek then opened the door.

"Mom!" The two of them ran over to her and hugged her.

She hugged them back, it was a part of Toph that was rarer to see. "Hey girls, you two remember Y/n, right?"

Lin, the older one, walked up to me and held out her hand. "Congratulations on the promotion, detective." I glanced over at Toph who just shrugged, and shook her hand.

Suyin, who climbed up onto her mother's shoulders, pointed at me. "Why'd didn't she call you officer?"

"What?"

"Mommy always calls her work friends either officer or detective, depending on their status."

"Rank," Lin corrected.

"Status."

"Rank."

"About that." Toph grabbed Suyin off her shoulders and set her on the ground. "Y/n and I have something important to tell you two."

"Are you two dating?" Lin asked.

"Ooh, mommy's got a girlfriend." I giggled and took Toph's hand. Looks like the secret was out.

The phone rang, interrupting us. Suyin ran over before anyone else could and picked it up. "Beifong residence, Suyin speaking," she said. "Mhm, mhm," she turned towards the Toph, "mommy they caught one of the Triads and need you to go in."

"Ah shit," she mumbled, just quiet enough for neither of them to hear. "Do you think you could watch them, I wasn't expecting this," Toph asked.

"Yeah, we'll be fine, it should take more than what, hour and a half?"

"Thanks." She kissed my cheek and left.

I turned back to Lin and Suyin in front of me. They both stared me now. "So... How long have you my mom been dating?"

"Have you ever kissed?"

"Was it before it after your promotion?"

"Are you a metalbender?"

"Do you know her middle name?"

"Yeah, do you?"

"Okay, okay," I put my hands up, "one at a time. A little under a month, maybe twice, after the promotion, yes I'm a metalbender, and Toph doesn't have a middle name."

"Alright, you passed-"

"Not so fast Su." Lin held up her hand. "Do you love our mom?" They both stared at me expectantly.

I blushed. "Well it's a bit early for that..."

They turned around and began muttering quietly to each other, glancing back at me every now and then.

"So...?"

"You're okay, for now."

___

Toph stepped through the door. "Sorry I got back so late that dipsh-" she paused, feeling the three of them passed out on the couch, and smiled.