5 - Toph x Scared!Reader

Sorry if it's taking a while to get to your requests guys, I'm trying to do one a day so it's a smooth flow of content but that also has me sometimes writing them that day

Prompt: could you do a scared reader x Toph fluff? The Gangs camping out and theres a storm. Y/n is scared of the thunder and Toph lets her lay by her. Maybe they could wake up snuggling? - by broppyfanone

_____

There was a flash of light. I tensed up, waiting for the sound that followed it. It boomed loud, making Sokka stir and cover his ears. I sat awake, unable to sleep because of this.

Normally I wouldn't mind storms. I actually really like rain. But thunderstorms were the bane of my existence. You never knew where, or when lightning would strike. And thunder was the worst part of it. I jumped hearing another loud bang.

Toph sat up, rubbing her face. "Stupid storms," she mumbled. I stayed silent hoping she wouldn't realize I was awake. But as she turned and laid back down she stopped. "Are you okay? Your hearts beating like crazy."

I gulped. "Yeah I'm fine, it's nothing." Another bang of thunder cracked across the sky making me jump.

"Are you... Afraid?" Toph sat up.

I sighed. "Yeah, go ahead and make fun of me if you want."

"Why? I get what it's like. Storms are scary, especially when you can't see."

"Oh."

She waved her hand, motioning me over. "You can come sleep by me I guess." A bolt of lighting lit up a small blush on her face. "If you keep jumping around like that you'll wake me up again."

I scurried over to her as more thunder boomed across the sky. We laid there silently, burrowed into each other's arms as the storm raged on. And yet for the rest of that night we remained untouched by it.