24 - Toph x Moonshadow Elf!Reader Part 1

Y'all I Love The Dragon Prince
This one took awhile too

Prompt: RegToph x Moonshadow Elf!Reader? So basically the reader is a trained assassin who was sent to kill the fire lord, but he catches her instead. The fire lord threatens to kill her younger brother (who he somehow manages to catch, but shush.) if she doesn't assassinate Aang. However, as she spends time with the Gaang, the reader starts falling for Toph, but she needs to kill Aang in exchange for her brother's safety. By KiwiDragon6
_____

The rain poured down around me, soaking the earth, and my clothes. But I didn't mind. We slipped past a Fire Nation guard, unnoticed in the shadows.

It wasn't often it rained in the Fire Nation. But when it did, it left them defenseless. I couldn't get too cocky about this though, we had one shot or everyone was doomed. I wasn't going to mess this up. No. We weren't going to mess this up.

I looked over at my brother, who ran silently next to me. He jumped up onto a balcony and I followed him. Inside, the Fire Lord was getting ready for bed. A servant left the room at his request. Good, it was better if no one saw, less casualties.

I nodded to B/n and he jumped over to the next balcony and entered the room. As soon as the Fire lords back was turned I slipped in. Silently, I drew my blade, taking a step closer.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. After all you're supposed to stay out of this war." He turned and looked at me. Suddenly his daughter burst in, my brother in tow, a rope binding his arms. I faltered. "You take another step towards me, he dies."

I gritted my teeth, then reluctantly lowered the weapon. "What do you want?" 

He laughed. "What makes you so sure I want something?"

"You would've killed both of us by now, and attacked Xadia if you didn't."

Azula rolled her eyes. "We need you to kill the Avatar." Her father glared at her, a small act that almost went unnoticed. She glanced into his eyes for a split second. "What, might as well get to the point."

"You need me to kill the Avatar? Why? Isn't that the prince's whole job."

"The banished prince is an enemy of the Fire Nation, and incompetent. My daughter can't just infiltrate their group to kill him. So you're going to instead. After they gain your trust. Eliminate him."

"Or what?"

"Or everything burns." My eyes widened. I looked over at B/n and Azula, who was slowly bringing a flame closer to his neck.

"Don't." He mouthed to me, shaking his head. What other choice did I have?

"How will I know you won't attack us anyway?" The Fire Lord didn't answer. I heard B/n cry out in pain as the flame began to burn his neck, filling the air with a faint smell of burning flesh. "Fine!" Azula stopped, the flame going out in seconds. "I'll do it, I'll kill the Avatar for you."