34 - Adult!Toph x Criminal!Reader Part 2

Got a request for a second part for this one yeye

Requested by 3Trickster

_____

"You know, I'm glad you agreed to the date but was this really necessary?" I lifted up my left arm that Toph handcuffed to the chair.

"You're a wanted criminal, do I really have to answer that?"

"And you're on a date with said wanted criminal."

"Yeah and now I have you handcuffed to a chair with a message out to my officers to raid this place in 30 seconds." She smirked, a smug look across her face. The 30 seconds came and passed, nothing happened. I sat further back in the chair, crossing my legs as I drank the glass of water. Toph sighed. "You did something, didn't you."

"I figured you'd do something like this so I intercepted the message and gave them a fake one. By the time Republic City's finest figure it out, we'll be done." I grabbed the wine glass off the table and held it up. "Oh waiter!" It's crazy what people will agree to when you pay them triple their salary.

"What makes you say they won't realize it's forged?"

"I told them you'd send them back to boot camp for someone ratting to Republic City's Most Wanted. At first I considered giving them the day off but that seemed too nice."

"Actually, you're not most wanted anymore." She waved away the lady trying to fill her glass, placing her hand over the top.

I raised an eyebrow. "You know despite your skills you sure are bad at lying."

"What makes you say that."

"You're here. You never would have agreed to this if I wasn't that important. A perfect chance to get me out in the open and arrested. Either that or you actually wanted to go on a date." I downed the glass of wine. "And as much as it pains me to say, I'm placing my bets on the first one."

"Alright I'm done with this." Toph stood up, walking away from the table.

"Come on, hey, you agreed to a date!" I called out to her. She stopped. "Plus, I paid the staff for a whole night, so might as well use it."

Toph groaned and stomped back to her seat. The waiters brought out the first course of food and set it down in front of us. "Seriously? You actually ordered food?"

"What, you're surprised," I took a bite, "this is supposed to be a date after all." She grabbed her fork, stabbing it into her food and aggressively taking a bite. "Why did you agree to this anyway? Going on a date just so you can arrest me?"

Toph took another bite and sighed, begrudgingly answering my question. "I need something from you."

"Oh?" I sat up, leaning closer to her. "What could Toph Beifong need from me."

"Information."

"Oh." I frowned sitting back in my seat, swirling the wine around in my glass.

"You're right about one thing, you're still Republic City's most wanted. But there's a group trying to take that spot. You have connections we need. I was going to make a deal with you, but..."

"Oh come on, why not anymore? Was it because I impersonated a police officer?"

"Yes, actually."

"Of course." I reached into my hair and pulled out a pin, picking the lock to the handcuffs. "You have one question, go."

"Why did you choose this life?" She asked after a moment of deliberation.

"That's not very on topic, but whatever, it's your question." I sighed and rubbed my wrist as they fell to the floor with a metallic clang. "I didn't choose it. I stole to survive during the war."

"The war's been over for years."

"People don't change just because a war ended. No one saw me as a victim of my circumstances, I was just a petty thief to them, so I stayed one." I downed the wine and slammed the glass down on the table. "Stay as long as you want," I said, standing up.

"That deal I was going to make," Toph began. "You become our informant, we start taking stuff off your list of crimes."

"Why would I do that?" I asked as I walked away.

She sighed. "You can go on a date with me once in a while."

I stopped, turning back around and sitting down. "One date a month."

"One date a month, and you stop doing crime."

"One date every two weeks and I'll stop doing crime."

Toph crossed her arms. "Fine."