37 - Toph x Enby!Reader Part 1

All my fellow enbies out there need a chapter too

Uh, I just kinda wrote, didn't have a prompt
_____

A customer walked in the store, heading directly for one of the tables. Normally we'd sit them down ourselves but Iroh said certain people are allowed to do that.

"Y/n, come over here for a second, please," Iroh said. I walked over to him and the stranger. "Toph this is Y/n, they're one of my new employees."

"Oh, I thought you weren't hiring anymore people?"

"I owe them a favor," he said. Though he wouldn't tell me what that favor was from. "Anyway, I'll let you two talk for a bit while I work on the tea." Iroh walked away leaving the two of us.

"You should sit down, I can feel how much your feet hurt."

"Oh thank god," I sat down across from her, "I don't know how anyone does this all day."

"You know you could've said no to this job, right?"

"Yeah, but I get paid for this too," I said.

"So, why does Iroh owe you a favor?" Toph asked.

"I have no idea, I tried asking him but you know how he is, I haven't gotten a straight answer on anything except training." She laughed. "So, how do you know Iroh?"

"I'm friends with the Avatar," she said.

"Oh? What's that like?"

"Exhausting."

"Ah, I know that feeling," I said. "My parents had all the expectations about what role I should fulfill. 'Become a blacksmith and my assistant, Y/n. No, help me run the etiquette school, Y/n.' Ugh, I've never heard adults complain more."

"Looks like we're in the same boat for overbearing parents," she said. "I literally had to run away so they wouldn't see me as weak."

"Yikes."

Iroh set down a tray of tea on the table and poured a cup for both of us. "You can go ahead and take your break now, Y/n. You two seem to be getting along well."