3 - Tall!Toph x Short!Neko!Reader

Imagining Toph as tall is interesting, she definitely had a growth spurt at some point, but to keep it closer to story events it'll be like 1-2 years later

Prompt: Can you do a tall toph x neko reader fluff. Like the gang (not toph) make fun of y/n for being a tiny cat and toph calms her down-? By postships1

_____
I watched the gang, my ears pointed forward listening to their conversation. They didn't seem to notice me, and I was going to keep it that way. If they could make fun of me for being short, I could find something to tease them about. I just needed them to say it.

"I can't believe she's only grown half an inch in a whole year."

"Yeah that's like... Half the growth of a normal person."

"Actually it's a lot shorter," they paused, "what I read it at the library."

"If she keeps growing at this rate, she'll be as tall as Katara by the time she's 20." They all laughed. I growled and walked away.

"You know this all started because you got your growth spurt," I told Toph as I headed towards her. "I still have no idea how you grew the much in just a couple of years."

"Awe is someone upset?" She teased as I sat down.

"What? No! I'm just... Bothered. Cat people are naturally short for the first 16 years of their life."

"And let me guess, they're teasing you because of that?" My ears flicked back to the four of them who were all laughing. Toph stomped on the ground, sending a small shockwave over to them.  "There's no reason to get mad, it'll go away eventually...." She patted my head and grinned, "you'll just have to grow first."

I growled and got up. "Just you wait, give it another two years and I'll be taller than all of you." I walked away to the camp.

Toph started laughing. "Wait no Y/n, come back. I promise I won't make any jokes"