6 - Toph x Earthbender!Reader

I don't mind doing non-romantic stuff too btw, there isn't a lot of stuff involving Toph and a female reader even outside of romance, so if you want something with sisters or just friends don't be afraid to request it

Prompt: Can you make a Toph x reader who is learning how to earthbend and toph teaches her then fluff - by SleepyWolves

_____

Training with Toph was how you'd expect it to go. Hard. And for some reason it seemed like she went even harder on me. You'd figure as her girlfriend she would've let me off easy or something.

Not that long ago I developed earthbending. Which was surprising, but apparently I was a late bloomer. Which then meant I needed a teacher, so who better than Toph! Yeah well, I'm starting to regret my decision.

I've dodged attack after attack. Moved rock after rock. And put on a blindfold more times than I can count. What more does she want?!

"You're late," Toph said as I walked onto the training field.

"I know," I sighed out.

She stomped on the ground, launching a rock into the air. It sat there for a few seconds before speeding my way. I sloppily dodged and threw one back. It went on like this for a few more turns until she suddenly stopped.

"What's with you?" Toph asked.

"Nothing."

"It doesn't sound like nothing to me, and it doesn't feel like it either." The rock she had floating in the air slammed back down into it's spot. "Now start talking."

"Okay fine. I'm tired Toph, we've been doing this every day, nonstop. You don't give me breaks either. It's starting to feel like I'm less of your girlfriend and more of your student."

Toph's posture softened. "...oh." She straightened back up and took a deep breath. "I guess you can have the rest of the day off." Before I could say anything she walked away.

Toph seemed to be avoiding me the rest of that day. Or I was avoiding her. Neither of us really seemed to be trying to talk to each other. I sat staring at the last few embers of the dying fire when she walked over.

"Um..." She sat down next to me. "Look I'm sorry about earlier. I was overtraining you... It was wrong. I just... I just don't want you to get hurt." Toph paused. "I hope you're not mad."

I gave her a small smile. "I could never be mad at you Toph."

"So... Does this mean you're not gonna be training with me anymore?"

"Of course I'm still training with you, dummy." I laced my fingers with hers. "But seriously, I need more free time."