16 - Protective!Toph x Reader

Haha we love people not understanding the intricate details of writings (this is unrelated, just ignore it)

Prompt: they are like 16-17ish and the reader had just been kidnapped by some people for randsome and then rescued by the Gaang, so Toph is extra protective and extra cuddly in the night time by: SpicyH

_____
"We get the money, we let the kid go, that was the deal."

"You idiot, we weren't gonna let her go," I watched my two kidnappers argue, ignoring the bag that the 'money' was supposedly in. "The plan was to get the money, then kill her, we have the money, now lets-"

Aang suddenly popped out of the bag, scaring them. He took a deep breath and blew them into the back wall. Idiots, we didn't have any money.

"Are you okay?" He asked untying the ropes that kept me tied to the chair.

"Yeah, although I might have a few rope burns." I rubbed my skin where it was exposed to the coarse material. Katara could always heal it though. "Let's get back to everyone before they wake up, you have no idea how annoying they are when they talk."

We ran out to everyone else, just outside of the small ramshackle hideaway they kept me in.

The rest of the day and night, Toph insisted on staying right by my side. Eventually it almost grew annoying.

"Alright Toph, spill it, what's wrong?" I asked her while we were getting ready to sleep.

"Nothing's wrong."

"Then why aren't you letting go of my arm?"

She sighed, but continued holding onto it. "I heard what their plan was, to kill you. I know they would never be able to but I was just worried, what if they could? What if we- I lost you?"

I smiled softly at her. "Toph, you don't have to worry about that. No one would ever take me away from you for as long as we're alive."