4 - Toph x Captured!Reader

I alway love me some good drama, this one will be in the pov of Toph B)

Prompt: Can you do one where the reader gets captured and then toph and the Gaang recuse her. And at the end idk a cute run hug kiss - Um maybe more into their teenage years like 15-20 - by Coolmarcella123

_____
"I can't believe you let Y/n get captured!" I yelled. Sokka stood in front of me alongside Suki and Katara.

"We didn't let-"

"Oh I'm sorry, do you want me to find another way to rephrase it? Because I can think of a lot of other words to more accurately describe the situation."

While the four of them were out on a mission, saving some small town from an air attack by those Ozai Supremests, Y/n got captured by them. You'd think after almost five years they'd have stopped by now.

"If I had gone with-"

"There was nothing you would've been able to do, Toph," Katara said. We were surrounded, Y/n gave herself up to let us escape, you wouldn't have been able to change her mind."

"Why are you even reacting like this, when Katara got caught last week you didn't care this much," Sokka said.

I blushed and crossed my arms. "I have my reasons. Let's just go get her back."

Sokka turned to Suki. "Can you get Aang for us? He's at the eastern air temple doing some avatar stuff."

"Of course, we'll be back soon." She got on top of Appa and flew off.

I stomped my foot on the ground, feeling the world around me. Y/n was already far away from the town, locked up in some old abandoned mine.

"Well?" Sokka asked.

"She's about a mile that way." I pointed. We began walking there since Suki took Appa. Worked better for me honestly. Flying sucks.

"So, wanna talk about your feelings for Y/n?" Katara asked.

"W-what? I don't have-"

"We can see you blushing Toph. You may be blind but we aren't." Sokka interjected.

I sighed. "Yeah okay I might have some feelings for Y/n... Just don't tell her! I don't wanna make her hate me."

"Toph you've been friends for like five years now, she wouldn't hate you if you told her," Katara said. "Honestly she probably feels the same way."

"She doesn't, I would've felt it by now."

"Well you do have a major crush on her, maybe that's-" I put a finger up, silencing them.

"We're here," I said. I created a hole in the ground, dropping down into the mines. We landed in a hall, with a dead end on one side and an opening on the other.

"There's a light up ahead," Sokka said.

"Yeah but there's no one there," I said. The three of us walked towards it.

"Can you feel her yet, Toph?" Katara asked. We continued through the mine.

I nodded. "Yeah, she's close, but there's a lot of people in the room with her."

"Then what's the plan?"

Sokka hummed. "We can ambush them from below. Better yet we'll ambush them on all sides. Katara you go up ahead and create a distraction. Toph will take them out from below and I'll get them from the back."

Katara nodded. I created a tunnel going underneath them, and opening up behind them, far away enough for them not to notice. When Sokka was out of the tunnel I went back underneath the group and launched up, breaking them apart as I went through the surface.

They scattered in a panic, firebending as they tried to escape only to be captured by any one of us.

Y/n sat in the corner, tied to a pole. Her leg was broken just at the ankle. "Toph!" She yelled. I ran over to her and cut the rope. "You came."

"Of course I came." I smiled. She got up, using me as support.

More soldiers flooded the room, coming in from Sokka's side of the hallway. We rose up out of the mine and to the surface, they followed.

"We're surrounded again!" Sokka yelled.

"Who knew there'd be this many people who still liked Ozai," Y/n joked. I set her on the ground and helped fight against them.

"There's too many, I don't think we'll be able to make it out of here this time," Katara said.

Y/n tugged my pant leg, holding out her arm to get up. "Toph if we really aren't gonna make it there's something I need to tell you."

I gritted my teeth. "You can tell me later, we're going to make it."

"I'm not gonna take that chance, this is something you need to know," she said.

"It can-" I was cut off by sudden feeling of her lips against mine. My eyes widened in surprise.

There was a loud roar above us as Suki and Aang arrived on Appa. They landed and the soldiers began retreating into the forest.

Y/n pulled away. "Sorry I uh... I just had to tell you somehow... Especially if this was going to be the last time I was going to see you.... I understand if you don't feel the same."

"Don't feel the same?" Sokka wrapped his arms around my shoulder. "Are you kidding me she's had a crush on you for the longest time!" My face burned and I elbowed him. He clutched his side and walked away. "Worth it."

There was an awkward silence left between us. "So... Crush huh?" She grinned.