17 - Toph x Firebender!Reader

Figured I'd publish this one today too, skdhdj I actually got upset when I had to write the scene where she gets hit

Prompt: reader is Toph's closest friend and is a fire bender, she is practicing firebending when Toph surprises her and she accidentally hits Toph with some fire, feeling guilty for it while Toph tries to take the blame by SpicyH

_____

I stood in the middle of a barren field, practicing my firebending. The gang all knew about it, Toph especially considering we've been friends for pretty much our whole lives. But it still felt weird practicing in front of them.

"Hey Y/n!" Toph suddenly called out, startling me. I fell back, my fire shooting out at her.

My eyes widened and I quickly got up, running over to her. "Shoot, are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

She stood up, dusting herself off. "I'm fine, nothing's burned. At least I don't think it is."

"Are you sure you're okay? That was a lot of fire."

"Y/n seriously I'm fine."

Katara ran over to us. "Are you guys okay? What happened?"

"I accidentally hit Toph with some fire."

"Yeah well I'm the one who scared you."

Katara sighed I relief, seeing none of us were injured. "Oh man, I thought something bad had happened."

"Something bad did happen, I accidentally hurt Toph."

"Only after I scared you." Katara rolled her eyes at us and walked away. Toph grabbed my hands. "Y/n trust me, it's okay. It was an accident and you didn't actually hurt me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure, now stop worrying so much."