[ Chapter 23 : Tipsy ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.   

I place the photo on the table then slide it to the bartender.

" Has he been here recently? " I look up at the guy with brunette hair and light blue eyes.

" We've been friends for almost three decades, why are you showing the picture of your deceased father to me? " He asked.

" Cause he's not deceased " I said, he raise a brow as he pop a bottle of beer for me.

I take it then have a sip.

" Turns out he survived the fire and has been out there for the last 12 years. . .alone " I take another sip of the beer.

" I don't know about you but I haven't seen a zombie walking around " I scoff.

" I'm being serious " I said, he looks at me and cross his arms.

" No, I haven't seen him around " he said.

" Why am I friends with you? " I drink my beer then slam the bottle down with an exhale.

" We've been friends for years " he said.

" And yet your more intelligent than your husband who's more intelligent than his sister " I said.

" Your twisting your own words " he said.

" I don't know, I'm just not myself these days, I feel sick every morning, drinking doesn't help and here I am drinking beer, I vomit after which I probably will after three more bottles of these " I said.

" Not a chance " he said, I roll my eyes away.

" This is my bar, I don't serve my customers until drunk ' he said.

" Typical Ethan " I said then take away the picture, putting it in the pocket of my jacket.

" So much for wanting moral support " I pout.

" Shut up " he said then grab a glass along with a rug then start drying them, I chuckle.

I take out one cigarette and lighter, Ethan takes out a small bowl while I lit my cig, I put away my lighter and blow out the smoke.

" It's a small bar, do you really get customers here? " I rest my head on the palm of my hand as my elbow rest on the table.

I then hear the door open along with the chimes ringing.

" You were saying? " He asked and I roll my eyes away and see two guys sitting down on the stool to my left, one blond one brunette.

I take another sip of my cigarette then lightly tap it over the bowl as the ashes disintegrate.

" Scotch for the both of us with ice " the blond said.

Ethan takes out two glass filled with ice cubes and he pours the Scotch equally leveled then serve them.

" So hey " I can see from the corner of my eyes that the blond called.

" What's your name? " He asked, I sip the cigarette.

" Piss off " I said as the smoke leaves my mouth, I hear then scoff.

I take another sip of my beer then see it's already half way.

" I'm Ryan " the blond turns to me and I look directly at his dark brow eyes with no expression.

" This is my friend Phil " he gesture to the brunette with hazel eyes, I scoff and finish off my cigarette by extinguish the flame in the bowl.