[ Chapter 13 : Drunk ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" Feeling better? " Zenix asked as Sasha just sit up on the bed.

" Why?, Was I crazy? " She asked.

" We call it an episode " Mitsunari said.

" What caused that? " She asked.

" We don't know yet unless you go into it again, but for now I'm going up to the lab to see if your results are out " he leaves the room.

" What happened to you? " Gene asked as he stand next to me on the foot of the bed.

" I escaped from him with the others and most of them didn't make it " she said.

" Who's him? " I asked.

" Where are the others?, Who else survived? " Zenix asked.

" Ivy, Elise, and Mark are the only people who escaped, we got nothing so we had to steal to survive, we got separated when I was caught, I remembered being chased down then it was just a blur for the rest " she said.

" Must be scary " I said.

" It's been three years, how did you guys ended up being a bounty hunter? " She asked.

" We steal too, but we stopped " Gene said.

" Most of the time was a blur " she said.

" Can I get a thanks though? " I asked, she looks up at me and furrow her eyebrows.

" And you are? " She asked.

" I stood here for the past five minutes " I asked.

" This is Y/n, she found your name on the list and if she didn't mentioned your name, we wouldn't have got to you sooner " Zenix said.

" So your Gene's girlfriend? "

" No! "

" Yes "

I smack Gene's shoulder and he chuckles.

" No, we're just friends. . . .so far " Gene smirks at me, I feel warmth on my cheeks and I look away.

" Anyways, I saw the symbol on your wrist, what does it mean? " I asked.

She looks down at her wrist since she's wearing a hospital gown.

" It's a clan we were all in " Zenix said.

" We? " I asked.

I see Gene roll up his sleeve with Zenix and both of them showed the same symbol, I swallow a lump in my throat.

" You alright? " Sasha asked.

" What does it stand for? " I asked.

" Shadow Knights " she said, I nodded then look down at my watch.

It's midnight.

" Hey guys, it's late, I'm going to head home if you guys don't mind? " I asked.

" Sure, go ahead, you did what you could to save Sasha, we owe you " Zenix said.

I walk out of the room and see Cassie sitting down on the chair with an ice pack to her head.

" Hey, how is she? " She stood up as she get the ice pack off.

" She's awake and sane, I think I'm going to check up on her again in the morning " I said.

" You alright? " She asked, I nodded.

" I finally know what this meant " I gesture to my bracelet where the symbol keychain is.

" What was it? " She asked.