Chapter 33- Updated

Credit goes to @yashi017 who came up with the idea of Y/n being taught to improve her strength and defence. If you have any ideas you'd like to see in future chapters be sure to let me know what you'd like and I'll do my best to interpret it into the story!

Toby was the chosen one (ò_óˇ)

"Agh!" I groan in pain as I fall onto the ground with a hard thud "go easy on me!" I grunt as I wiped some dirt off my cheek

"If i go easy on you then you won't learn" he replied as he watched me trying to regain myself "Your upper strength and fighting skill is horrendous"

"Thank you" I reply sarcastically as I got back into the starting position.
"Go for a low kick this time" Toby suggested "go for the knees to try take me down and buy you some time to run"

"You really want me to kick you as hard as I can?" I ask him unsure.

"I need to see you at your full strength" his eyes smiled through his goggles. That was the only way I had gotten used to reading his emotions through his voice and his eyes.

I swiftly step forward, swinging my leg into Toby's as hard as I could, he fell onto one knee with a small grunt but he instantly stood back up composes as if I had only pinched him or something.

"How do you recover so quickly?" I ask him flabbergasted

"Well we can withstand gunshots" he told me recalling back to Jack's incident "and that's thanks to slender but the rest, such as what I've just shown you is a lot of hard work and practice. You never know, your victim may fight back"

"Oh shit-" I unintentionally blurt as I check the time "I'll be late for college if I don't leave"

"It's only...6.30am" Toby shrugged after checking his watch.

"Its a long walk" I sigh as I run in to change and fetch my bag. Normally Liu would escort me to college but he hasn't been around recently, neither has Jeff.

I step outside to see Toby waiting for me.
"Come on, I'll take you today" he offered as I go to walk beside him.

"Thank you" I give him a smile.

"There's actually a quicker way to get into town from here"

"Really? You knew all this time?"

"No I only found it last week" he laughed.

"Wow" I admired "how come you haven't told the others?"

"If they want it they'll know to find it for themselves" he smiled once more and he hurried along making me catch up to him.

Once the day was over I poured outside with the other students and I noticed Toby waiting for me, he didn't have his goggles on, just his face guard
"Hey" I greeted as I jogged over to him, he gave me a nod with a smile on his face and we both began to walk in a comfortable silence.

"My, my Y/n" I heard that screeching voice again peep up from behind me. "Another boy!"

I let out a quiet groan in frustration ready to throw myself off the earth. I give Toby an apologetic look as I turn around to face Amanda